Game-Labs Forum

[PvP2] The French Strike Back

Slamz

If you are looking for someone to blame/take credit, that honor goes to Mandrake of LMN, as he organized the whole campaign.  You should prolly put a bounty on his head, if you got the cash.  Perhaps that will encourage some of your boys to come out and play.

Dude now you let the cat out the bag i rathered slamz getting the blame hahahahaha.

no i had planed somthing like this for some time but what made it possable was the added players joining france from OMG. without the knowlegde that we would have more 3rd rates for defense recaping was a pipe dream as holding them would be very hard. also LMN also got a few new recuits who had PVP in there blood and one who could sail a 3rd rate as well.

but to be fair this was a Joint op between LMN, OMG and Purge. 

we have yet to see a pirate response but i expect one within the next 48hrs. 

we will just play it by ear till all the pirates are removed from our lands!!!

LONG LIVE THE FRENCH RESISTANCE

VIVA LA FRANCE

now back to killing pirates...

Pirates were getting feisty tonight, with a large concentration in the Cano Mac area. They attacked Puerto de Espania, trying to recapture that important port and trying to bring in quite a lot of undercrewed 3rd rates to quickly kill the towers and then seize the BR victory. France was already working in the area, however, and was able to react quickly, killing three Pirate 3rd rates outside the port before they could reach the fight, and at least 4 more in the port (2 more escaped the port battle but were killed outside as they tried to get away...and I can't remember what ButlerBeard was in but I'm pretty sure Wakko Sick was a 3rd rate that blew up). That's nine 3rd rates sunk if we're counting that right.

Port battle:

20 Pirates

20 French

15 Pirates killed

2 French killed

post-11133-0-14509300-1456815227_thumb.jpg

In other news, the filthy American pig-dogs attacked innocent civilians in the Louisiana area, murdering hundreds of peaceful farmers and miners for no reason. Several French ports have ceased communicating with the outside world, and it is assumed they were captured by Americans and probably fed American food, causing them to all die instantly of heart failure, high blood pressure and despair.

Unfortunately the French military was up to its eyeballs in pirates at the time and was unable to respond.

• Like 3

Pirates were getting feisty tonight, with a large concentration in the Cano Mac area. They attacked Puerto de Espania, trying to recapture that important port and trying to bring in quite a lot of undercrewed 3rd rates to quickly kill the towers and then seize the BR victory. France was already working in the area, however, and was able to react quickly, killing three Pirate 3rd rates outside the port before they could reach the fight, and at least 4 more in the port (2 more escaped the port battle but were killed outside as they tried to get away...and I can't remember what ButlerBeard was in but I'm pretty sure Wakko Sick was a 3rd rate that blew up). That's nine 3rd rates sunk if we're counting that right.

Port battle:

20 Pirates

20 French

15 Pirates killed

2 French killed

attachicon.gifpde-def-2-29.jpg

In other news, the filthy American pig-dogs attacked innocent civilians in the Louisiana area, murdering hundreds of peaceful farmers and miners for no reason. Several French ports have ceased communicating with the outside world, and it is assumed they were captured by Americans and probably fed American food, causing them to all die instantly of heart failure, high blood pressure and despair.

Unfortunately the French military was up to its eyeballs in pirates at the time and was unable to respond.

I just had a horrific flashback to me days as a pirate father tucking his children in to bed in the Bahamas, before the US zergs rolled through. I returned home from a weekend of working to find everything had been razed to the ground. Replace Louisiana with Nassau and, yes, let us just say that the actions of the Americans will not be soon forgotten. If they continue to sweep through the Gulf, they will only continue to make enemies unnecessarily.

Edited by ajffighter86
  • Like 1

I just had a horrific flashback to me days as a pirate father tucking his children in to bed in the Bahamas, before the US zergs rolled through. I returned home from a weekend of working to find everything had been razed to the ground. Replace Louisiana with Nassau and, yes, let us just say that the actions of the Americans will not be soon forgotten. If they continue to sweep through the Gulf, they will only continue to make enemies unnecessarily.

Was a good thing I was making time with your misses when you were out to sea mate, was still a close thing getting her out of Nassau.

Anyway, we will be back up that way soon enough. I am thinking OMG going french was some kind of drunken master plan to get a fight with the Americans as the Pirates didn't have it in them.

On a side note thou, how is your misses? She still miss me?

• Like 1

Was a good thing I was making time with your misses when you were out to sea mate, was still a close thing getting her out of Nassau.

Anyway, we will be back up that way soon enough. I am thinking OMG going french was some kind of drunken master plan to get a fight with the Americans as the Pirates didn't have it in them.

On a side note thou, how is your misses? She still miss me?

Arrrgghhh. I'm going British for that!

Lots of bloody battles tonight.

France attacked La Trinite (a shallow water port on the same island as Fort Royale), Cano Araguabisi (aka "Middle Cano" in South America) and Naparima (in the South America bay area).

La Trinite was reported to be a narrow defeat to the French, literally coming down to the last couple of ships on both sides. France had a lot of cutters in the battle, though, as it was largely a pug / newbie attack. Hopefully the new players got a taste of port battles though and liked what they saw. It sounded like the closest battle I'd ever heard of.

Cano Araguabisi was fiercely contested. 18 pirates including a 3rd rate, a couple Constitutions and a Trincomalee versus 25 French including several 3rd rates. Pirates lost 10 ships and the battle. French lost 9 ships but won the fight. I don't think any of the 3rd rates sank on either side.

French went to Naparima after that -- no pirates defended and no ships were lost in the taking of that port.

(French lost several more gulf ports to the Americans with no defenders present.)

France has made up with the Swedes and tentatively agreed to cooperate in future endeavors. The Swedes are not a particularly dangerous port battle force due to low population but they have a fair open sea PvP presence.

The British took a nearby port and we are unsure as to their intentions as they have not been in communication with us.

(But no, you cannot have your old ports back in the southeast.)

La Trintie was the most fun I've had in the game to date.

0 pirates started the battle and we slowly trickled in.  Several got caught up in battle outside and were having trouble making it in.

When I first dropped in it was my snow, and another snow with a fleet. 

We made for the first tower and tried to punish the group there.  The French had split their forces and seemed to be focusing two towers at once.

The first tower we tried to defend fell but not without significant damage to the French group there.  Eventually a couple Mercs got in and we made our way to the last living tower.  Fortunately it was upwind of the main French force and only had 3 attackers on it.  

We smashed into the group parked right outside the tower and began to pound away.  I boarded everyone in sight, often to the detriment of my crew and fore mast.  Eventually we cleared the group there and the other pirates that had been trickling in were engaging the remaining French forces heading toward us.  

The slugfest continued and it came down to my snow and 2 mercs being the last floating pirates.  I was very badly hurt and tried to make an escape, but was ran down by a pursuing French snow.

One of our two Mercs was well over 75% damage with the other Merc thankfully being under 25% damage.

I should have stayed and watched but basically those last two Mercs were able to hold out long enough to either sink or drive off the remainder of the French attackers.

This fight was a complete shit show. All Pug, no teamspeak (that I was aware of), no commands in chat, very little grouping up.  It was basically once you got in, you pointed toward the biggest group of ships and tried to do as much as you could.

It was great fun and I hope we can have more fights like that.  Pug life for ever.

However, it does illustrate how hard it is to when a small port battle without good organization and teamwork.  I'm not sure if it was because the lower BR that was brought by the French, but when we first started that battle I thought there was no way in hell we would pull it off.  But, it somehow came out alright.

Edited by MaryCeleste
  • Like 2

From what I heard this may have been the closest and most fun port battle to date.

Nothing but a big slug fest between new players on both sides. It came down to two captains slugging it out for the win. Now that is a port battle!

I would recommend in the future that if you die you don't exit the battle. If your side wins you get nice loot as long as you had dura on the ship you brought. Don't skip out on a possible Yellow/Purple upgrade!

La Trintie was the most fun I've had in the game to date.

0 pirates started the battle and we slowly trickled in.  Several got caught up in battle outside and were having trouble making it in.

When I first dropped in it was my snow, and another snow with a fleet. 

We made for the first tower and tried to punish the group there.  The French had split their forces and seemed to be focusing two towers at once.

The first tower we tried to defend fell but not without significant damage to the French group there.  Eventually a couple Mercs got in and we made our way to the last living tower.  Fortunately it was upwind of the main French force and only had 3 attackers on it.  

We smashed into the group parked right outside the tower and began to pound away.  I boarded everyone in sight, often to the detriment of my crew and fore mast.  Eventually we cleared the group there and the other pirates that had been trickling in were engaging the remaining French forces heading toward us.  

The slugfest continued and it came down to my snow and 2 mercs being the last floating pirates.  I was very badly hurt and tried to make an escape, but was ran down by a pursuing French snow.

One of our two Mercs was well over 75% damage with the other Merc thankfully being under 25% damage.

I should have stayed and watched but basically those last two Mercs were able to hold out long enough to either sink or drive off the remainder of the French attackers.

This fight was a complete shit show. All Pug, no teamspeak (that I was aware of), no commands in chat, very little grouping up.  It was basically once you got in, you pointed toward the biggest group of ships and tried to do as much as you could.

It was great fun and I hope we can have more fights like that.  Pug life for ever.

However, it does illustrate how hard it is to when a small port battle without good organization and teamwork.  I'm not sure if it was because the lower BR that was brought by the French, but when we first started that battle I thought there was no way in hell we would pull it off.  But, it somehow came out alright.

Well, good on you to show up.  I wasn't there; I was operating down south, but it sounded like everyone had a good time of things.  That's the best part of all of this- folks are having fun.  Best of luck to you, out there, and should we cross paths, I'll be sure to fling a few cannonballs your way.

Well regarding La Trinite, I tanked the 1st tower in a merc. Survived with 69 crew. Boarded an AI cutter because it was tearing me up with my slow reload. Down to 50 crew. My sails crawl even in sailing mode. Pretty much made ineffective for the rest of the port battle with the exception of my BR. Went into free camera to try and herd cats.

I was getting really frustrated because ive only been in well organized battles and Ive never been a leader in one. The LMN guys were all on teamspeak so no problems there, but I forgot that a lot of the guys with us were never in a port battle before AND werent on teamspeak. Our BR dropped from 3.x to 2 and there it fluctuated, because everyone wanted to fight the pirates instead of fighting the wind to get to the tower. This caused us to be destroyed in detail. I even moved from the first tower I was at to the 3rd tower to try and help but i was so slow I just got boarded.

Well. 9 guys left to crew my ship guess its time to run and hide. Tried my best in conjunction with Arbour to direct the battle and to get our players to kill the rats. Ended up being the most torturous 45 minutes of my time in NA. Lol. A few guys didnt seem to want to engage.

We almost won due to the circle. If the 2 pirates were 2 seconds slower they would have been outside of it, and we would have won.

Edited by Æthlstan

yes it was a good battle sadly mistakes were made early on hell myself included i had manual sails on and did not notice other wise i could have made that tower faster i still got there and died trying to take it down but i was pretty messed up by the tower before i got there.

thinking back i see what we could have done better but i must say i was quite disappointed with 1 guy but thats all i gonna go into there.

it was a very exciting battle and i can only hope it has given our new guys a taste for more and they will level up to get to the deep battles which there are alot more of currently.

what makes me laugh is the diversionary attack succeeded why the main attack failed so why i like to think that we won over all i cant but feel we failed our objectives. 

but we live we learn and we kill more pirates :)

Edited by mandrake