Game-Labs Forum

Rain for 30 minutes is no fun

I think of the area as Naval Action's Open World. It might have been a totally new created world. It was modeled after the Caribbean but not intended to be an exact replica of it.

I hope the Devs use some artistic license to include improvements. Having a variety of weather (rather than predominantly fair weather) makes it interesting.

Hmmm...so maybe they have taken some fictional liberties with the area? Like Pirates of the Caribbean?

I hope we don't get any Krakens!!!   :blink:

i tend to get lots in the rain and fog at night, missions so hard to find

Ya...those swords are pretty hard to see even if you are off on your course by just a few degrees. Thats why I try to find the closet bit of land and then set a course from there.

I can live with rain and fog. But the continously counter clockwise changing wind makes me sick. It should blow more randomly from different directions or coming maybe 2-3 days in a row from the same direction. That would be more realistic in my opinion.

Edited by Guest

I can live with rain and fog. But the continously counter clockwise changing wind makes me sick. It should blow more randomly from different directions or coming maybe 2-3 days in a row from the same direction. That would be more realistic in my opinion.

I would kinda like the weather to be more location based and not universally the same on the map.  For example an island range that almost always has a South Easterly wind due to trade wind and land formations.  If you have ever been to Maui, you can see the impact that a single feature (large mountain) has on the weather.  One side of the Island is more prone to rain due to condensation on the mountain side, while the other side is clear and sunny.

For those that like the crappy weather, seasons could/should be a thing.  Hurricane season, winds that can tear your rigging apart and swells large enough to sink your ship without damage, that last for days, somewhat forcing players to jump into the small/large combat at port until the weather clears.  

Part of the novelty of weather is that it is unpredictable, not just a distraction and difficulty to deal with.

I think of the area as Naval Action's Open World. It might have been a totally new created world. It was modeled after the Caribbean but not intended to be an exact replica of it.

I hope the Devs use some artistic license to include improvements. Having a variety of weather (rather than predominantly fair weather) makes it interesting.

I'm all for a variety of weather BUT that also should includes an occasional clear day.....even a FEW nice days would be awesome.  

I would hate to live in the weather we get in NA.  Here's the weather report for the next 10 days in Naval action.... periods of dense fog followed by Fog broken by the occasional torrential rainstorm returning to dark gloomy fog.  

Edited by Sea Daddy

Strange that you don't see clear days or nights in-game. Some nights when clear the stars actually "move". I'm very impressed with the devs for the visual detail they put into the game.

Edited by Admiral 8Q

I'm all for a variety of weather BUT that also should includes an occasional clear day.....even a FEW nice days would be awesome.  

I would hate to live in the weather we get in NA.  Here's the weather report for the next 10 days in Naval action.... periods of dense fog followed by Fog broken by the occasional torrential rainstorm returning to dark gloomy fog.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPQ6RHfsyRA&feature=youtu.be&t=1270

Drat, can't get the exact frame I was trying for, pretty close though. [21:00]

Edited by KrakkenSmacken

I love the weather in NA. Reduced visibility lets me sneak around places that might be dangerous for me to be traveling solo otherwise. They let me sneak up on people I might not be able to sneak up on during clear visibility. I love the heavy seas and the way the rain comes down in sheets.

My only disappointment is that the weather in the battle instance doesn't necessarily match what you get in the OW. Presumably they will be fixing that soon, can't wait.

• Like 1

but it's NOT the weather.  The weather we get in game is pretty accurate if we were sailing around Adak Alaska or some other miserable northern ports.  But we are not sailing around Alaska.  While rain storms can be pretty common in the bahamas (depending on season), fog is almost non-existent.  I think the weather effects are cool but highly inaccurate.  

Yes i agree the fog and muggy like weather bothers me the most. but what am but a simple captain lost in this foggy post about weather....

• Like 1

GEEZ...The fog is crazy! Has anyone ever been to the Caribbean much? Is it always like that? I have been to San Juan PR a few times but I dont ever remember seeing any fog like that.

Very common in Puerto Rico.

(Ignore or shut off annotations)

Edited by Admiral 8Q

I like all weather conditions, but I found the transition cycles are set too fast.

The changes should be more gradual, it shouldn't be sunny and suddenly your in stormy weather.

I can't wait to see the weather conditions implemented in instance fights, that would be cool to fight in foggy condition, shallow water and near land or rocks...

• 4 months later...

9 in game Days with this rain and for, failed to find 2 mission markers that should be inside visibility range from eachother, got sick of trying going to try find a wreck instead, should be harder.. is not, found it in first try, mind yhis was 30 min sailing from mission area, no change in weather at all. This need a HOTFIX, not wait for coming patch. Rather have all sun and no change than 10 game Days of no visibility. Also agree with you all about the Wind, it is a minute ccw Clock.

Managed to find 1 of the markers, visibel at 2 shiplengths, into the fight, now 40 min later, same weather... guess what  yeah logging now, 11 Days at sea sailing in peasoup and English rain.. omg

Edited by Metal121