Game-Labs Forum

Patch 9.64 - Small Battles and Account XP

admin

Setting a bunch of inane rules on buy contracts won't fix the problem.

The problem is that supply is fixed but demand is unlimited.

When labor hours can be spent to produce resources, supply and demand can finally balance. Players will allocate labor hours for producing resources or consuming resources depending on market conditions.

Until player production is added, players need to stop trying to fix port auto-production which only exists as a stop-gap for a feature not yet implemented.

Once player production is implemented, we will want buy contracts so we can sell what we produce at the port to players who have already named their price.

Since we will voluntarily sell to the buy contracts, the problem is solved.

Supply is no longer as fixed as it was.

If you put in a Buy Contract at a port that produces something for a high enough amount, it will auto-fill from "warehouses".  There is a limit to the depth of those warehouses, but it's a fast, easy way to get something if you don't mind paying extra for it.

• 2 weeks later...

Supply is no longer as fixed as it was.

If you put in a Buy Contract at a port that produces something for a high enough amount, it will auto-fill from "warehouses".  There is a limit to the depth of those warehouses, but it's a fast, easy way to get something if you don't mind paying extra for it.

If you are talking about 'Eurpean Traders' that magical number is 3x the base price of the good, and from what I understand it IS bottomless as it is an emergency mechanic to prevent gross shortage of goods.  Currently MOST if not all goods (at least on PvP2) are well under that price even in hub ports.

Previous statement stands, once player production is included and balanced abit, production should scale with demand if its not too cumbersome for people to even bother with between PBs and PvP roams.

• 5 weeks later...

Apparently I had an old player on PVP 1 that I would like to delete, but I cannot because it does not show up on my list when I log in to the server. I cannot create a new player because it says I've already 'reached the max number of players: 1.'

I think my account is glitched. :(

Edit: I tried uninstalling/reinstalling Naval Action on steam but it did not fix the problem.

Edited by ajffighter86

Apparently I had an old player on PVP 1 that I would like to delete, but I cannot because it does not show up on my list when I log in to the server. I cannot create a new player because it says I've already 'reached the max number of players: 1.'

I think my account is glitched. :(

Edit: I tried uninstalling/reinstalling Naval Action on steam but it did not fix the problem.

Please post this in the support forum for quick help.

We've left this version behind, locking.