Game-Labs Forum

Higher xp rewards on pve server

Well like the title says i want to suggest higher xp rewards on the pve server. (NO higher xp for the pvp servers)

So why do i suggest this well let's do some math:

I have 121 hours of playtime (only on pve)

And i am Rank 5 (plunderer)

While of course i didn't do mission running the entire time let's late take away some hours and make it a nice 100hours of mission running.

So in these 100 hours i made it to plunderer that means 9500xp

Of course there is now a little bonus to the xp of the mission reward.

For the next rank (Raider) you need 10,000xp (one would think now it would take another 100hours but thats of course is not the case)

So far so good.

So let's take a look at the mission. Let's assume you are a solo player. That means you will have difficulties doing plunderer missions so the best option is to go with marauder missions.

An average marauder mission gives around 250xp and takes arround 30minutes.

So lets do some math we need 10,000xp and get 250xp per mission we need 30minutes for:

so 10,000xp divided by 250 means you need to do 40missions to get the xp that are needed for the rank up, so lets take the time in

we now multiply 40 by 30 and get 1200 minutes that means it takes arround 20hours of mission running to make that 1 rank.

well lets look at the other ranks and assume it takes arround 25% more time to make it

Rank 7 takes 25hours

Rank 8 31hours

Rank 9 39hours

Rank 10 48hours

And now take everything together you need arround 243hours of running missions, that of course is only a time based on assumptions and the real time would be even higher because  with higher ranks and higher missions the difficulty increases and it will take longer. Lets say you need 250 hours of mission running even that does not count in travel time that would add more to it.

If we compare that to other mmo's like WoW it takes arround 5 times longer to reach the max lvl.

So what do i want to say with all this, well simply people who play only on the pve server are kind of screwed. pvp gets massives buffs and bonuses on xp, so should pve gets buffed but with the addition only on the pve server.

So what do i want to say with all this, well simply people who play only on the pve server are kind of screwed. pvp gets massives buffs and bonuses on xp, so should pve gets buffed but with the addition only on the pve server.

What about players who play on both PvE and PvP servers ? 

What about players who want to switch from one to another without losing XP ?

What about players on the PvP server who play PvE ?

What about players who play on both PvE and PvP servers ? 

What about players who want to switch from one to another without losing XP ?

What about players on the PvP server who play PvE ?

1. Thats why they should completly seperated

2. you can play on everyserver without losing xp because the xp is binded to your steam account.

3. people who play on the pvp server wont do only pve so the main source of their xp will be still pvp

pvp bonus is 200%

PvP is not against mindless AI, has much more risk involved and does not hand you fat bonuses for completing missions.

Missions are sure shot and secure no risk gain. You can do them more often, faster, and with a bonus on top.

1. Thats why they should completly seperated

2. you can play on everyserver without losing xp because the xp is binded to your steam account.

3. people who play on the pvp server wont do only pve so the main source of their xp will be still pvp

Those are unsatisfactory answers.

XP must remain transferable from one server to another (PvP > PvE ; PvE > PvP) and PvE XP must remain the same whatever the server (PvE or PvP).

Have you ever done pvp??

Its far more efficient to do pve for xp rather than pvp.

I think you need to understand how both pvp and pve works and the differences between them before you start making suggestions.

Not everyone on a pvp server will do pvp, some do missions ( quite a few) and some do crafting, not everyone on a pvp server does pvp all day, every day.

With missions, you go there, you fight an AI which will always fight you and never try to run or be intellegent.

With PvP, you have to first hunt someone, then chase them down to initiate combat, then actually try and fight them without them actually running which, depending on the type of ships and amount, can take double or even triple the time it takes to run a mission.

Edited by ashley

I will repeat once more, since you seem to have hard time facing the truth - on PvP server, PvE is still more efficient way of girding XP.

People on PvE server loose nothing by not having PvP except for FUN. And if they want that FUN they always can get onto PvP server. Unfortunately, lack of FUN on PvE is NOT exchangeable for XP.

So yeah, you want to have BETTER XP gains than the PvP server, because for some reason you feel PvE server is inferior. It's not. It's exchangeable even. People in PvP server PvE a lot too. And then they group up and go hunt some drunken Dutch sailors. It's all fun and games. And you know when fun and games stop being fun? When someone want's to get an unfair advantage, because he feels there is some unhealthy rivalry inside his own team.

Don't do drugs, kids!