Game-Labs Forum

Hotfixes for several annoying issues

admin

The drop in NPC trader speed for those that are new to the game and / or have Cutter or similar class is a welcome and considerate change.

The difficulty to fight  damage, board and capture remains the same and will not ruin the game for player tradesmen.

it was already very easy to capture any trader. Even with basic cutter you could catch and capture any NPC trader ship in less than 10 minutes. Even less if you properly positioned yourself on OW map. And the only way NPC trader could flee was if you did something horribly wrong, either started attack on OW with really bad positioning or used really bad intercept course. Since traders only run away in very predictable direction (based on wind direction) the whole difference between battle where trader was far away and able to flee, or battle where you can fire at trader ship within first minute of battle, was 10-20 second spent getting into position on OW, that is all. The speed nerf just made already easy game mechanic even easier. 

what is the point of the speed nerf? To save players those 10-20 extra seconds on OW map? Or to make chasing the traders so easy that you can catch any trader in any ship by simply setting full sails and pointing the regardless how poor positioning or how bad intercept course you use? Is making already very easy PvE mechanic much easier really worth taking away the only defense player driven trader ships had in PvP?

• Like 2

People who are new to the game should be focusing on grinding missions, definitely not capturing trade ships. Second, if you are struggling to capture traders in a Cutter then you have yet to reach a sufficient skill level regardless of ship class you sail. The Cutter is fundamentally the easiest vessel to catch trade ships in due to the simplistic nature of control, the limitation of it is it's crew capacity, not speed or armament. Nerfing trade vessels is simply a slap in the face for all non-combat orientated players.

EDIT: Spelling

well i'am pretty sure we have no right at all to tell newbies how to play the came...

• Like 1

ps. trader lynx is still faster than anyone and cant be caught.

I keep thinking back to what you said here.

I'm not necessarily opposed to an uncatchable trader, but I don't think it should have the cargo capacity of the Trader Lynx. If something can't be caught, it should probably only be useful for moving small amounts of goods, say, 200 capacity.

Trader Lynx carries too much cargo to be intentionally uncatchable.

can u PLEASE make a topic with just patchnotes and no discussion? i find it kinda frustrating cathing a bit of usefull information among all of that posts/reposts/discussion stuff etc. why cant we have some topic free from all, 'cept patchnotes itself and wich contains the last information of each patch released? plz plz