Game-Labs Forum

Please, to all kaptens and developer

traveling to outposts with or without timer, that spoils the game.

With this arkade-modus you taking all the sailing feeling and logistik fun out of the game.

A simulation like this one, should have no oportunity to jump in zero time from one place to another.

We are sailing, not porting.

What about an on/off option + 1 or 2 Day-timer for using or not using the ingame travel.

And for not using the travel option, you get some spacials, like 10% more ep or better prizes, what ever....

Edited by rubensteyn
  • Like 1

If you sail everywhere, you are already getting more XP than everyone who does not. Let players have the choice to tp. If you are against it, then don't use it. I like to explore and so am often on the OS but also like the ability to switch from exploring near Plymoth to hunting near Coqubaccoa to looking for resources near Crown Haven, for example.

Edited by Anne Wildcat
  • Like 2

There are two factions in this game. Those that would make it as dull and tedious as possible and those that leave. Pathetically the former have the developers ear. In the face of anemic numbers and poor reviews they would have this game become even duller. They have already bored innumerable players away and now seek to remove all but those who can mindlessly stare at the back of a pixel ship as it sails through an empty pixel ocean, hour after hour after hour. So sure...go ahead and remove teleporting, heck I'm sure the six players remaining will be overjoyed to have the seas to themselves.

I don' t really see a problem here. I love to see my ship sailing across the map, especially now with some extra "prize" like fishes. But we must not forget, that there are some "managing" parts in this game and that we must be able to do this managing without artifical hindrances. Truly nobody is hurt when we are able to jump from one outpost to another, because it just eases the workload we have while organizing our own economy and resources. It is not like we can teleport our fleets back and forth or our goods. So please everybody calm down a little bit and let people have this little piece of "peace". Nothing on this outpost-teleporting will make you "pew pew pew" more. For me it is much more joy to do my managing quickly and then get back to the real game: sailing and fighting (so much for pew pew...).

• Like 3

Except for when I can instantly teleport me and my ship ahead of an invasion fleet at will...,, or just from Cabo to KW in nanoseconds because my mate has encountered a Spanish fleet chasing him back from Cuba. Nope. No insta pew pew pew at all.

Teleporting is intrinsic to playing the PVP PB game if you have a map this size and a population this low.  If they get enough people that you can defend a port inmultiple locations at once then thats cool but at the moment we cant get enough people to fill battles let alone defend both sides of the map.

I am all for turning off Teleports between outposts IF they put in some form of Teleport to staging area for port battles.  The issue is that it is an all the time thing.......Let the people who want to play big battles in ports get their big battles in ports.....

Democracy allegedly means multi country battles which means more population for these PBs HOWEVER if you make us deal with timeslotting like we are all you do is make PB players in one area of the map where they set timers that they can fight on......see yucatan and Aus timers for instance.

Reality is that until they make a system where by people can access the enemy in a timely fashion then out post teleporting is essential.  same with ship TPing. 

there is a reasonably fine balance between too easy to access and to hard to access and at the moment they may be  a bit further to the easy access side but then there is so little activity in PBs and PVP in general that it really is a choice between teleporting and loss of players...........they already have the no carrot issue which is causing loss of players.

I have suggested a few different things however at this time there is no action other than admin threatening to turn them off "sometime" which basically means it aint happening till they fix the other stuff.

Realism is a bit of a grey area for devs and I think that they should focus on realism in battles and more arcade in open world.   There could be a 3rd option for the world inmy view which is.......Operational areas.

This would be teleporting to the Regional capital or somethingin an area which is insta but OW for that area....i have talked about it as hyperspace teleporting as teleport to activity etc etc.

It is ONLY an issue because the ma is so big and the player base s small.  If this is the level of players they expect for this size map then they have significantly bigger issues.

TLDR: it has to be there until the make a way to get PVP more active.  it is the only way people can get to both OW combat and PB combat.....and it sorta fails at that too atm.

Personally i want more outposts and teleports right now because getting to a fight sucks.   Even more so because everyone is fishing in cutters/traders making anything over a rattlesnake OP and too slow.

We should first differentiate between ship-TP and avatar-TP. Right now we can avatar-TP to our hearts content and it is awesome. (Or so I think.)

Ship-TP should not be happening. It basically means warping assets across the map.

If you want instant port/big battle, then just do them. They are under "Mission"...

Actually bringing an assault fleet to be able to attack a port is a completely separate thing. As I have shown in the Honduras series: http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/14676-pvp1-june-the-british-honduras-campaign-pirate-perspective/

Yes, we have a limited player base and so we already have focused all the action around Bonacca and the triangle of Ile-a-Vache, La Tortue and Cayman Brac. Once ship-TP goes out, I think we should just move our shipyards to those ports.

• Like 1

This is why a simple change in the current Ship TP mechanic would fix it.. from the Instant a PB flag is purchased.. until 30 min after the PB is OVER.... no ships can be TPed to that port... so no warping assets ahead of the attack fleet... 

While I agree the Ship TP is silly. Until they give us a ship version of the delivery system it is the best solution. But then I think the Avatar TP unlimited is silly.. it should have a small cool down..15-20 min  

• Like 1

This is why a simple change in the current Ship TP mechanic would fix it.. from the Instant a PB flag is purchased.. until 30 min after the PB is OVER.... no ships can be TPed to that port... so no warping assets ahead of the attack fleet...

I actually like this idea. In the new mechanics, you could say as long as hostility level is at 0 you can teleport in. There is nobody observing the cat anyway. :)

While I agree the Ship TP is silly. Until they give us a ship version of the delivery system it is the best solution. But then I think the Avatar TP unlimited is silly.. it should have a small cool down..15-20 min  

Why, what do you want to achieve with a cooldown on avatar-TP?

I see it as a big advantage. People want to trade, TP-in. Enemy fleets sighted, TP-in (you can't join a battle anyway, you need to sit OW).

It just ensures there is player interaction where the action is.

• Like 2