Game-Labs Forum

Trade vessels

Currently we have Trader vessels that are simply warship models minus the guns (except for the minimal guns on a Snow). I would like to see trader models without the unused gunport; maybe false painted gunports. For the Trader Snow I would like to have the option of placing 2 stern chasers instead of 2 of the broadside gun positions. Also there is the question of armed traders such as the Indiamen.

• Like 1

The gunports would usually be real.

What we really need are partially-armed gundecks. Any trader in dangerous waters was bound to be armed with a pair of pop-guns or carronades at the very least. Naturally, the unarmed ports could then be shut.

The gunports would usually be real.

What we really need are partially-armed gundecks. Any trader in dangerous waters was bound to be armed with a pair of pop-guns or carronades at the very least. Naturally, the unarmed ports could then be shut.

Like sir Maturin said on long voyage traders they where armed with more then 3 guns\carronades, Some of bigger trading vessels was actually heavyly armed considering their role\purpose is.

But then again i mite be wrong that they where deticated trade vessels they mite be some sort of warship s revised to become a trading vessel. 

Fell free to correct me if im wrong about this sir Maturin.