Game-Labs Forum

POLL: Persistent Fire Control (Gunnery) Problem

LTCjRet

Gun Elevation Problem on Reentering Game  

22 members have voted

1. 1. I have lost connection and reentered a battle on more than one occasion.

2. 2. If you answered yes to question 1, have you noticed an unusual problem with the aiming/elevation of your guns?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not applicible (I answered no to question 1)
  3. 3. If you answered yes to question 2, was the problem associated with gun elevations outside the normal range? (If so, please comment in the thread with your observations.)

4. 4. If you answered yes to question 2, were you able to restore normal aiming functionality? If so, please give a descriptive comment in this thread.

I have noticed a persistent problem with the control of gun aim after losing connection and re-entering a battle.  This has occurred quite a few times for me, enough so that I can verify it is consistently repeatable.

I've been having DSL modem problems that have frequently resulted in loss of connection to the server (a non-NA issue).  This has forced me to reinitialize the game to reenter the current battle. After doing so, my batteries all exhibit an aiming problem in that they all have 'super elevation', i.e. the guns are elevated VERY much higher than the aiming reticle would indicate.  This results in a shot, with the 'normal' aim point toward or near the waterline of a ship ~30 meters away, that passes one to two mast-heights above the aim point. It only seems to return to the expected behavior after depressing my guns to their lowest limit and firing a shot into the water (firing of an actual shot may or may not be critical to the reset).  That seems to reset the parameters associated with the gun elevation to their nominal values and the gunnery function is once again restored.

Edited by LTCjRet

I have had possibly a similar issue where shots go at a steep angle up in the air far too steep for their angle of elevation.  It is very rare.  In 800 matches, I have only experienced it in 3 matches.

When it happens it is only a couple shots out of the broadside of 19+ shots. 

I am pretty sure I was firing single shots (space), and that is why they are noticeable.  You are firing space and the shots are going pretty much the same angle, even taking into account waves, but then one or two shots will go steep into the air.  The shots before and after are significantly different.

It is usually on a storm map (might be exclusively on a storm map, I can't remember it happening on a calm map). 

Also, I am pretty sure that I was connected the whole time during the match so it wasn't after a DC.

Edit:

I think what I describe happens at 13:05 in this video:

http://youtu.be/daCAOzgekz4?t=12m50s

Before shots go straight into the water, after shots go straight into the water.  Shot in question goes at a weird elevation up and a weird angle to the right.

Edited by Prater