Game-Labs Forum

PVE: Do Away With Nations Entirely

Something that may or may not have been suggested before is the idea that you might as well just not have nations in PVE, everyone being able to play in the exact same community rather than weirdly divided up into the 8 nations seems like it would be great as an idea. PVE has the issue where now every port is considered neutral, which is a great benefit to everyone except the capitals, which is a waste of time, what would be better is if everyone was able to do everything together and ports and nations didn't mean a thing.

This way we could have everyone working together and all accessing building friendships and relations with each player on the server instead of being cut off from each other for no reason. As it currently stands the main population plays Great Britain, while a few others play the other nations but are cut off almost entirely from the main body of the playerbase, which seems mad on the casual server.

I would quite like to see the continuation of flags, where you can set yourself a flag of a nation but it doesn't mean anything other than what flies off your ship (ideally with more flags all round), meaning you can party up with anyone and sink those nasty AI ships to your hearts content for the best experience for the casual player. Nations seem meaningless and a pointless way to divide players for no reason in an already small community.

Thoughts?

Edited by Fluffy Fishy
  • Like 6

"Nations seem meaningless and a pointless way to divide players for no reason in an already small community."

I find the PVE server itself a meaningless and pointless way to divide an already small community.  Is there a way to accommodate PVE only players on the same server as PVP so they can enjoy, experience more of the games content.

Make the Gulf a PVE only zone? 

• Like 1

Hello Capt. William, Admin and all,

The PVE server is essential to those that want to play PVE style and don't want to be bothered by the hassles of PVP. Speaking only for myself, I paid my money for the game and don't want to be put in only one part of the map even if it is the Gulf, which happens to be where I'm from and I have a deep love for it. I want to be able to sail anywhere I want unhindered. I do also play often on the PVP server, I love the added thrill of it. I would only accept all on the same server if the PVErs could have a PVE flag so they won't be bothered and can sail anywhere they want. Would need a proper PVE capital area, fly the Swiss flag and not have a PVP character. Cannot attack other human players, AIs only. All ports open to a PVEr. This might ruffle some feathers, but I do think that PVP players should be able to tag them and the PVErs have the right to decline. The reason for this is the added thrill and the possibility of getting a good, fun and fair fight with willing participants which would give added content to all. If the PVEr declines he goes on his way having only lost a couple of minuets, has gotten a thrill and cannot get tagged again for 30 minuets or has docked at a port.

Fair sailing and have a great day/night all.      

To be honest, even as a pure PvE-player, I'm against the idea of such a PvE-flag, as with the short cool down-timers and the "Can decline battles"-option, it would likely be abused to hell. Like you could transport materials to a port which is about to be attacked and build ships for defenders without any hassle. The same if you introduce the gulf as an exclusive PvE-zone, where you can simply build up your fleet undisturbed and attack all ports with full power.

I still think that it would be the best option to adjust the PvE-server to make it enjoyable for everyone without being penalized for his choice of nation.

13 hours ago, EdWatchmaker said:

Would need a proper PVE capital area, fly the Swiss flag and not have a PVP character. Cannot attack other human players, AIs only. All ports open to a PVEr. This might ruffle some feathers, but I do think that PVP players should be able to tag them and the PVErs have the right to decline.

Those are interesting and valid suggestions. The PVE players would add to the trade on the PVP server. PVEer wouldn't need a capital with a safe-zone though, since they would be protected from attacks anyways, Free-towns could act as hub for neutrals. Only downside I see with this is alts being able to manipulate the economy and being used for reconnaissance.

So in this particular “one server” scenario, I could just have alts that I designate as PVE only and sail all the supplies I need to fight PVP with no danger?

I’m afraid that wouldn’t work. They might as well remove trade/crafting/economy. 

What if instead of PVErs having access to all nations they would instead just have access to Free-towns and Free-For-All cities? Maybe that would also be an incentive for clans to make towns FFA as they'd attract rich PVE Traders?