Game-Labs Forum

getting the exclusive ships in another way

should be possible to """farm""" the ships that cant be crafted via an event? like the black ship in Total war shogun 2

shogun15-16.jpg

You cant get an hercules with pvp marks, you cant buy a rattlesnake with pvp marks, you cant buy a Santa cecilia with pvp marks, you cant buy a gunboat with pvp marks.

Yes, you can buy the ship from another player but how did that player get that ship? I never had the chance to play with the cecilia for example and it looks like a really good ship

I made this suggestion just to have a way to replace this rare ships so we can have a bit more diversity of ships in OW

Do you remember when the endy/indef was introduced in the game? All the people was doing missions to get the new ship because it was the only way to get it

This way you can encourage people to do PvP/RvR/PvE in dead areas of the map

Edited by Trashumi Fujiwara
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Trashumi Fujiwara said:

In total war shogun 2 you have to chase the ship along the map, i was thinking about doing the same, you will just know where the fleet have started sailing and the direction.

Well, why not :)

Good idea.

51 minutes ago, Trashumi Fujiwara said:

In total war shogun 2 you have to chase the ship along the map, i was thinking about doing the same, you will just know where the fleet have started sailing and the direction.

Will everyone see that event or is it only for you?

3 minutes ago, Pada said:

Will everyone see that event or is it only for you?

Global event is better, it would become a very good spot for PvP and an interesting area for RvR.

Maybe there should be 2,3 spawns (bermuda, kids and a shallow area) that way you will put something interesting to do in that areas

Edited by Trashumi Fujiwara
  • Like 1

Ships that cannot be crafted =/= Premium ships.

Ships that cannot be crafted and are not Premium can be acquired through PvP Marks.

What else is needed ?

( sorry if I didn't understand what is meant )

You cant get an hercules with pvp marks, you cant buy a rattlesnake with pvp marks, you cant buy a Santa cecilia with pvp marks, you cant buy a gunboat with pvp marks.

Yes, you can buy the ship from another player but how did that player get that ship? I never had the chance to play with the cecilia for example and it looks like a really good ship

I made this suggestion just to have a way to replace this rare ships so we can have a bit more diversity of ships in OW

Do you remember when the endy/indef was introduced in the game? All the people was doing missions to get the new ship because it was the only way to get it

This way you can encourage people to do PvP/RvR/PvE in dead areas of the map

Ive never played the game the poster mentioned as an example, but what I believe he means, is that there needs to be a path of some sort to acquire some of the more rare ships like the Santa Cecilia. Id love to see something like the following:

You could choose a "Captains Adventure" port tour mission. Once chosen, you are given a list of 100 ports to visit (at the players convenience) and collect an Inspection stamp from. There are small tiered rewards for 10 ports visited, 25, 50, etc. Once all 100 Ports are visited - you receive a Santa Cecilia, 5 million gold, 2 rare upgrades. Can only be done once.

This kind of "tour" event could also be used to acquire rare books like the present "Art of ship handling".

Off Topic, but valuable:

To promote vast amounts of travel around the map. the following is suggested:

Lets say you wanted to craft a Bovenwinds. There are none on the market. 

<example>

In order to craft one Bovenwinds, you will need: 

1. 50 Rigging parts

2. 20 canvas rolls

3. An inspection stamp from this free port: <example> - La Mona (Random)

4. Return to National port to craft. <example> A Pirate would return to a Pirate port to craft.

Imagine how much it would slow down the churning out of mods and super ships if a journey of inspection had to be made - even if all woods/resources were available in every area.

PVE players dream...Now imagine how much PVP with so many people traveling all over the map...a PVP players dream. 

<example>

To craft a Copper plating you will need:

100 Copper Ingots

100 Iron Fittings

An Inspection stamp from these 3 free ports: Great corn - La Mona - Shroud cay

Return to national port to craft.

Now, imagine - basic upgrades and mods available on AI and Missions. All others require an Inspection stamp - a stamp that cannot be traded.

These are just suggestions...some relate, some dont.

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, Headless Parrot said:

Ive never played the game the poster mentioned as an example, but what I believe he means, is that there needs to be a path of some sort to acquire some of the more rare ships like the Santa Cecilia. Id love to see something like the following:

You could choose a "Captains Adventure" port tour mission. Once chosen, you are given a list of 100 ports to visit (at the players convenience) and collect an Inspection stamp from. There are small tiered rewards for 10 ports visited, 25, 50, etc. Once all 100 Ports are visited - you receive a Santa Cecilia, 5 million gold, 2 rare upgrades. Can only be done once.

is easier and less "afk sailing" method, i dont know how to explain myself properly since i dont know how to speak in english very well

Inked1000px-World_map_rendered_LI.jpg

the fleet will spawn in the yellow area and will follow the route (there should be more than one) marked in red so you have to chase the fleet and take the loot + capture """"premium"""" ships