Game-Labs Forum

Pirate player joins the same side for green on green

Teutonic

On Global pirate player "Ubira" of the AIB clan recently joined a battle on the same side as player "Amiral Lou."

Amiral lou is a french player who initiated a battle against Spanish ships and some pirates joined both the French and Spanish side.

Player "Ubira" joined the French side with the intention of damaging Amiral lou even though in the battle they are both considered "green." 

Amiral Lou has asked that I bring up this situation as he did not agree to the green on green damage and English is not Amiral's primary language. He asks for the Developers to look into this and determine if punishment is needed.

In the picture below it show the players involved as well as the intention of the accused to indeed cause green on green damage.

loser2.png

Edited by Teutonic

This might been a translation issue problems as I know AIB clan is Brazilian and most of the only speak Portuguese.  I'll see if I can get a hold of there clan leader or the guys I know that speak/understand English to pop on here.   With the recent removal of the FFA system I'm sure some folks might think you can do it in normal battles.  To be honest if your of another nation and you see a fight that is not of your nation fighting I think you should be able to join wither side or hell kill every one if they aren't of your nation.  Green on Green should only effect same nation players to be honest, but hay this would be a good Call for @Ink to think about since pirate FFA has been removed.

Also a trick the Nationals been doing is they keep the smuggler flag on.  If they tag each other the other is counted as a pirate smuggler and pirates can only join that side.  Which in my book means all along if you have a smuggler flag on you should be treated as a pirate and any one can attack you.   

Again going to to see if I can get the AIB guys to pop on here as it might of just a game rules change issues and not knowing the mechanics.

• Like 1

good afternoon everyone. My nickname in the game is ubira. I am here in my defense by the "accusation" of friendly fire. this tactic has been used several times by pirate player QUIGLEY, who being accused of espionage for other nations began to use tactics along with French and American players within the mortimer protection limit; several pirates were sunk this way. I can not be only blamed for a game error that allows such action. if I did it is because others have already used and still use this artifice. The error is of the game, not the player. this French player attacked a Spanish ship just to escape an attack made by pirates inside the waters of mortimer, they constantly do this to take the time of attack and escape being invisible to persecutors. I will be at the disposal of anyone who wants to talk about the subject and by the way the French player could speak English, so much that he talked to us via chat of the battle. We Brazilians do have some problem in speaking English. When we need to use google translator or someone in our clan who speaks fluently English.

a suggestion for the teutonic player: common sense suggests listening to both sides, since one of them may be wanting to harm the other. try to find out more pirates, including: lord gud, privateer, guedo and many others who have already registered such actions.

Edited by Ubira

1 hour ago, Ubira said:

a suggestion for the teutonic player: common sense suggests listening to both sides, since one of them may be wanting to harm the other. try to find out more pirates, including: lord gud, privateer, guedo and many others who have already registered such actions.

I do listen to both sides.

But it is currently a clear rule that you are not allowed to target or damage a player on the same side as you.

You joined the side of the french, therefore you are not allowed to shoot players on the same side. Next time, join the spanish side to attack french.

Edited by Teutonic

ok a good sugestion, another sugestion....you need to talk to everyone, but USplayers, British , France players use directly this manouver on Mortimer. I see many times my fellow pirates on nation speaking about this. the develoupers need to block this type of manouver, not only for me, but to everyone, by the way its a game. you are defendind a french player. and where i found this roules ? tks for the moment.

The rule that states you are not allowed to damage players on the same side is written here: http://forum.game-labs.net/topic/16347-warning-green-on-green-friendly-damage-is-no-longer-allowed/

As for US, Brit, and French players using the this tactic I have a number of times told them that is is a bad use of the game and they should not use it at all. In fact I advise folks ahead of time to not go along with the same players.

If you find players violating the rules please do report them, i will not defend the actions of players who violate the rules no matter what nation and i heavily encourage the developers to come to decisions on what they deem violations or just bad gameplay.

• Like 1

ahhh so I apologize because I did not know the rule. I do not have the habit of reading the forum. yes there are players in the global who use this tactic to enter the opposing side, by the way members of the AIB have already suffered this type of attack and lost cargo and ships ... a pirate who is using this tactic with French and US players is quigley, at who was accused of espionage and decided to act like this: he begins a battle and upon entering he warns other players of enemy nations to enter the pirate side to sink the ships. I've seen this several times this month. talk to sir texas sir about this fact, possibly he will confirm my words and at the most sorry if he did not know the rule of engagement.

I find it ironic and uncalled for to recalculate the French player Amiral Lou who started a battle against Spanish ships within the mortimer protection limit. This tactic has been used several times by the pirate player QUIGLEY, who being accused of espionage by other nations began to use this tactic along with English, French and American players within the mortimer protection limit; as has also happened to the pirate player entering a battle against a ship of any nationality and a player from another nation entering the pirate side as if it were a pirate and attacking him for having the advantage of being close to it, I am not here complaining of such a tactic, because for me it is authentic, because at the time of piracy they would have the pirate flag to the same of the ship sighted to approach and to withdraw from its cargo or to kill it. Therefore I see no reason for such a complaint because the developer himself tried to keep the game as realistic as possible. Sorry for english I'm using google translator

I have seen Brits, US, and French join the same side to attack pirates, but I have never seen any of those players join the pirate side and do green on green against pirates. There is a difference. Players can join battles from other nations all they want but when you choose a side you fight for that side. You can't join the french and shoot at the french.

Captains, intentional green on green to sink a ship is forbidden. Captain Ubira will be warned as the first case.
Please report such cases via tribunal as there are no exceptions if someone abuse green on green, then it must be allowed.