Game-Labs Forum

Buff the Wapen?

Since Wasa is 12.3 base speed and Connie/Agamemnon and a few other ships turn rate were buffed can we get some love for the Wapen and increase it's speed or at least give it larger cannons?

P.S this is not to hate on the wasa/connie/etc just so there is more of a use for the Wapen in OW or Port battles.

Edited by Lord Gud

I think Wapen is OK as it is, assuming we ignor the OP Wasa with the 4th rate BR (discussed plenty in other threads). 
Wapen has super good turn rate, good HP, good thickness, decent speed, and a very nice chaser setup. Sailing profile is not too horrible either. Basically, Wapen is a dueller's 4th rate, and it does a great job as a SOL hunter with a frigate for support (you'll be able to stern camp the larger SOLs with it). 

Inger is the one that needs some real buffs: speed and turn rate (and maybe a little HP buff) especially. Give her back the old speed that was nearly as fast as Connie and a decent turn rate to boot. She was supposed to be the glass cannon of the 4th rates: 32pdrs to pen those Wapens and Agas, but not much staying power when it comes time to brawl. It used to be one of my favorite ships, now its been nerfed and other ships have gotten so much better that I don't have much of a reason to sail Inger now...

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Lord Gud said:

Since Wasa is 12.3 base speed and Connie/Agamemnon and a few other ships turn rate were buffed can we get some love for the Wapen and increase it's speed or at least give it larger cannons?

P.S this is not to hate on the wasa/connie/etc just so there is more of a use for the Wapen in OW or Port battles.

The only lovin' the Wappen deserves comes from the end of a match and 3 gallons of gasoline....

EDIT: This IS a hate posting against the Wappen

Edited by Guest

1 minute ago, Aegir said:

And so it begins. Week after week of "Buff this, nerf this, buff this because the other one was buffed, X ship is OP, Y ship is useless!".

Yep. Not discussing the merits of op'ness but 4 captured Wasa's later ( one of them being the pretty eyes of someone aka. best build possible in game for speed and boarding ) I am still struggling to understand what is going on.

6 hours ago, The Red Duke said:

Yep. Not discussing the merits of op'ness but 4 captured Wasa's later ( one of them being the pretty eyes of someone aka. best build possible in game for speed and boarding ) I am still struggling to understand what is going on.

Just tell me what ship you used... :P

I used none but all the times was a mix of Prince, one snake heavy, and frigate in support. I think it was always 3v1 on all times. Reckon the last one there was a heavy Wasa included but was up to the "small sh..." to keep the OP ship engaged.

No so different from old Aggy when it got introduced. Two snakes proved enough to break that point. Reckon practice makes perfect.

That this thread was done has something to do with the turnrate buffs of the other 4th rates.

They are now in the realm of the Wappens turnrate, which makes the Wappen (more) obsolete.

I think, except the Wasa, the 4th rates had a very, very nice balancing, also in the respect to the 5th rates.

IMHO - rollback the recent changes on the 4th rates, nerv the Wasa (turnrate or armor) and we would have a better balancing.

Would make a Wappen buff not needed (well except that I want the carro Wappen *eg).

Just my 5 Öre.

Edited by sveno