Game-Labs Forum

Make ganking fun for Everyone

13 hours ago, Prater said:

This is easily solved by instantly closing missions.  I've been advocating this since release of Early Access when mission jumping was the worst it has ever been.  How do you protect seals?  By not letting the killer wales jump in their mission.

We just about know where everyone is and every advantage given to a mission runner will be turned against him (or others).

I can update the Ganking Guide if you wish.

2 hours ago, Otto Kohl said:

Rookie zones were fine, i never understood why they were removed.

Because non Rookies used it the most ? :)

Stores of materials  and resources were "plundered" first thing after maintenance and during the day by non-Rookies.

2 minutes ago, The Red Duke said:

Because non Rookies used it the most ? :)

Stores of materials  and resources were "plundered" first thing after maintenance and during the day by non-Rookies.

What's your definition of rookie? 60 minutes in the game, then free to kill? Most players are rookies in this game and will never become anything else.  I've seen players without understanding of the most basic mechanics of the game in Victories.

1 minute ago, Quineloe said:

What's your definition of rookie? 60 minutes in the game, then free to kill? Most players are rookies in this game and will never become anything else.  I've seen players without understanding of the most basic mechanics of the game in Victories.

Captain rank.

Mechanics are blind and don't care if you, human, understand how to handle your ship.

What is it that distinguishes a fresh captain from a true newbie? Captain rank is what you get after sinking a bunch of Brigs and Snows. They can barely shoot a hull to deal damage.

I guess captain rank is the first rank where the ship you need is moderately expensive and all those looted 6pd cannons aren't good enough anymore to outfit it, so you have to buy cannons. I.e. the point where losing a ship starts to really hurt.

Also the point where you do missions that gankers can enter with fifth rates? So it's convenient from the gankers point of view to label captains "non-rookies" that are free to kill, because they can't possibly hit them at a lower rank due to mission restricting entry to 6th rates...

Edited by Quineloe

2 hours ago, Otto Kohl said:

Rookie zones were fine, i never understood why they were removed.

On 11/11/2016 at 5:37 PM, Wraith said:

I don't know how much time you've spent in the rookie zone recently but there aren't any rookies left in the game. Just a few vet alts leveling up and collecting war supply materials. So I say club away.

On 12/9/2016 at 8:03 PM, admin said:

Rookie zone has enforced 300 BR limit. Why people who want equal fair fights (at least in light ships) are not there?

On 8/22/2017 at 2:34 PM, Skully said:

The risk/reward analysis for a casual player who goes against a non rookie:

Risk: 100%
Reward: 0

Ergo the standing orders to stay in docks.

Going out to seek upgrades to counter that risk, see original risk analysis.

BR doesn't equal fairness. Bad assumption leading to bad implementation.

A rookie zone next to Pirate capital in between US and Danish Conquest grounds?

Action is a rare commodity, so some folks will do anything and everything to get some action.

14 minutes ago, Quineloe said:

A non-rookie is anyone leaving the rookie zone.

Who cares whether the rookie zone is used to obtain resources? In fact it exposes the rookies to the real world in safety without having to fear loss.

Rookie zone is not there to expect gain, but to mitigate loss.

I still don't get how a good game got totally wasted along the road.

2000 online. A lot of stuff where going on all over the place. 

Then all the fun stuff was replaced by boring stuff. Players left and more boring stuff got into the game.

Boredom killed the game. Go back to Feb 2016 and progress from there down another road than this. 

Kill relations to hard core RvR guys and make a good, solid, fun game where an average player can have fun in one night for a one-two hour period. 

Scale the map, hot spots and economics after this. 

New ships also needed. 

On 8/24/2017 at 9:05 AM, fox2run said:

I still don't get how a good game got totally wasted along the road.

2000 online. A lot of stuff where going on all over the place. 

Then all the fun stuff was replaced by boring stuff. Players left and more boring stuff got into the game.

Boredom killed the game. Go back to Feb 2016 and progress from there down another road than this. 

Kill relations to hard core RvR guys and make a good, solid, fun game where an average player can have fun in one night for a one-two hour period. 

Scale the map, hot spots and economics after this. 

New ships also needed. 

Let me explain how.

A story of a happy house. 

Builders started building their house with a big hole in the ground. This hole was meant for a solid concrete foundation, but builders decided to work on the roof first. They built the roof and it looked incredible. Builders forgot about all other plans and requirements and proceeded building house walls in the hole where foundation was supposed to be. Over time earth around walls became strong and thick due to brick weight and everything seemed to settle down. Windows were installed, doors and even grass was planted around the house. Builders were happy with their work. House stood strong for a long time, weather was dry and finally rain came down. It rained hard for days and soon there was sun shining again. Unfortunately house walls cracked and slid even deeper underground because there was no foundation ever built. Grass, windows and doors were all damaged and useless now. So, builders called in experts to take a look if this house can be saved. Fortunately for them there was only one way to fix it. They would secure and lift the whole structure by a crane, build a firm concrete base and put everything back where it belongs. Builders knew it was a risky process, but they had no other option and decided to do it the right way once and for all. House stood strong ever since and all who walked by wanted to come in and take a look inside. 

Happy End. 

In this story concrete foundation are casual players and pve content. 

Edited by George Washington