Game-Labs Forum

"Reinforced Mast" upgrade is too powerfull

Although off-topic, I tend to agreed with Stix's post; most of the upgrades present in the game at the moment serve either little purpose, or their bonuses are too minute to justify using. Reinforced masts certainly are one of the few upgrades in the game that are extremely useful in PvP as de-masting is a common tactic; however, I would disagree that they're overpowered or that they offer too great an advantage. Your best bet is to try and avoid being in a position where you can be easily de-masted. :P

I think the main problem is they have no penalty.

Now I would say that logical penalty is they should reduce ship stiffness by increasing top weight. However, since wave action on cannon elevation is turned off after you start a rolling broadside that wouldn't be much of a penalty at all.

Personally i am a proponent of every module have a downside, will make people pick and choose modules more carefully :P

I think the main problem is they have no penalty.

Now I would say that logical penalty is they should reduce ship stiffness by increasing top weight. However, since wave action on cannon elevation is turned off after you start a rolling broadside that wouldn't be much of a penalty at all.

For an experianced captain, this is true, however some less experianced captains have a lot of issues with it, heel wouldnt be enough of a penalty though, that i agree.

• Like 1

This upgrade used to give more advantage, and yes it is must have in pvp - and will always be as long as demasting is valid tactic.

There was no downside having better quality/stronger masts, except price.