Game-Labs Forum

Flag purchased from ally to avoid enemy attack

Yesturday France purchased the flag for Port Antonio (owned by Dutch), immediatly after the Brits purchased that same flag, (the Brits are allied of the Dutch, they formerly gave that Port to them for local support & cooperation).

The Brits, being geographicaly much closer to Port Antonio than the French, managed to pull the flag strictly in order to ruin the French attack.

As a matter of fact, the Brits did not fight the port so it could remain Dutch.

Considering the above described event and the here below 2 links related to this type of prohibited actions, we kindly ask to the administrator to take rightful & objective decision.

http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/14524-flag-creation-exploit/#entry271952

http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/14551-flag-creation-exploit/#entry271603

Thank you

• Like 2

Hello, my name is Stuart, father to 4, grandfather to 1.5, my in game name is IronAxe and I pulled the Britain Flag against Port Antonio.

Let me start by saying that I have not played this game for long, but I have put many hours in and enjoy the game a lot. I recently acquired the rank of RA and enjoy doing missions with my Clan.

Now that we have the nice stuff out of the way, lets get down to business.

I have spent very little time on this forum, as I am sure you can see by my log in history, I didn't even know what this section (Tribunal) was about, sorry, but I'm too busy enjoying the game!

So a clan member pointed me to this thread today, and frankly I am appalled with the threat attached to this ongoing in-game mechanic, there was no warning when I pulled the flag, which, by the way is the first time I have ever done this, in fact I have only ever been in one Port Battle, however, I have never received a real life warning of the consequences attached to doing something like this in the game, and so never knew!  

So, my question is, why has this not been addressed by Devs. If this is WIP (I believe I heard something about a diplomacy mechanic, not sure if this is included) and it is to be added, then how can you possibly justify "From now on, players who purchase flags with the sole intent of blocking others from attempting to capture a port risk losing their XP and Assets." without making an official in-game announcement through mail or even emails to those that have purchased the game? Surely you can not expect people to "just know"?

With that, I request you either make an official announcement which ALL players can read or simply ignore this exploit(mechanic) until it is fixed!

Lastly, as far as I am personally concerned, if any of my assets/XP are removed, I will simply say, thank you for a beautiful, well made (accept for this issue) game and good-bye, I will simply quit and that is how seriously I take this and the fact you try to impose rules and then not tell people. I will also, of course, contact Steam.

Regards

Stuart (usually a happy-go-lucky Older Gamer)

(To Moderator: If you do not wish to post this, please, at least pass it on to the Devs as I would really appreciate an answer and closure on this, thank you!)

• Like 9

We assemble a first rate fleet in front of Tiburon yesterday in the moode to attack port Antonio which is a key port giving by english to dutch to let them attack Spanish.

Few minutes (around 10) after having buy the flag and while we were in bad wind sailing to Port Antonio we've seen british buying flag and the british flag have been spot buy one of our scout.

We estimate the arrival time of both flag and as planned british put flag before the french.

French fleet turn back to xxx to disband.

We didn't report as we thought devs would not react to that.

• Like 1

New mechanics will solve this kind of issues i belive.

I know this is not a place to discuss things but a small remark from my side - no it won't. Allies could decide not to make use of the ingame diplo mechanics. This would enable them to continue to buy fake flags and plant them for the purpose described above. ...

Sorry for my post but it seems fair to warn you guys upfront.

Edited by Gooneybird
  • Like 1

I know this is not a place to discuss things but a small remark from my side - no it won't. Allies could decide not to make use of the ingame diplo mechanics. This would enable them to continue to buy fake flags and plat them for the purpose described above. ...

Sorry for my post but it seems fair to warn you guys upfront.

Not marking each other as an ally might have the consequence that you cant join each others battles/trade with each other. I think there are plenty of ways to ensure that in game allies actually mark themselves as allies.

But this is not the place for mechanic discussions, yet i did want to reply to your comment.

• Like 1

Guys, i understand there is a lot of emotion involved in this and in RvR in general, yet this not the place to start discussing that.

If you come acros behavior that is unacceptable, or you are not sure it should be allowed, create a tribunal or look at previous cases. However, this topic is not meant to be filled with counterclaims/accusations.

Furthermore, if there is some really critical information which isnt related to the tribunal but you think needs to taken into account, just send me a pm and ill determine whether it is relevant or not.

And again im gonna stress: if you are not either the reporter or the reported in this instance, you are not supposed to comment here.

To be honest: information posted by jeheil concerning the reason why the flag was crafted by the British side is important information for the case and should not have been deleted by the mods. Only Spanish exploits made this necessary.

So before deleting my post, please reinstate jeheils post on the matter at hand.

Thank you

To be honest: information posted by jeheil concerning the reason why the flag was crafted by the British side is important information for the case and should not have been deleted by the mods. Only Spanish exploits made this necessary.

So before deleting my post, please reinstate jeheils post on the matter at hand.

Thank you

The information is not related to this at all.

If the Spanish were griefing, the ONLY appropriate response is the following:

6) Griefing   -  Screenshots + Tribunal topic

As seen here:

http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/11727-the-updated-how-to-tribunal/

It is important to understand if event such like those happen, you should NOT wait with opening a tribunal and open one yourself straight away. Furthermore, regardless of the causal affect of these events, they don't change the problem at hand which is presented in this tribunal. Regardless if the dutch-britsh are allied, the sky is purple or my name is Steel, the problems are a completely separate issue. Bart already mentioned that the mechanic most likely will be changed/overhauled relatively soon, yet in the meantime we are to determine a policy and get an understanding of what it exactly is we need to fix.

To recap:

If you want to open a tribunal against the basic cutters griefing the british -> do so in a different tribunal.

This tribunal is SOLELY about the crafting on flags to deny a PB.

• Like 1

Sorry for the post. I will be more strict. Thought it was relevant as it explained why with corroboration.

As for BR tagging, we reported in game and requested it be fixed elsewhere.

Given the reporter is not French.....the so called victim...but in fact spanish (who were griefing) how does that play out ?

Edited by Jeheil
  • Like 1

As i said, i very much understand the situation you guys have described and i understand that this is the result of that situation. Yet we have to look at it either from a strict mechanic perspective or from a rule (temp solution) perspective.

And in that image the motives of someone don't really matter in the equation. Since eventually someone will do it for different motives, yet the effect (unable to attack the port due to another nation being first) will remain.

And the latter is what we are trying to prevent, which means we have to look at the former now.

• Like 2

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/260463575987671580/4EEB416C77D3C7817626C4608F52A6EF9A372AF2/

Same thing again today.... Port Antonio flag bought by the Spanish then 3 minutes after the Brit buy the same flag and plant it. Using this exploit the brits were abble to free the Dutch fleet that took Tiburon while the brits headed to Jérémie....

Edited by Tenakha Kan
  • Like 1

Final Ruling

This tribunal has brought to light that the assault flags aren't a good system and will increase our determination in changed and/or removing them eventually.

There are plans/mechanics on the table that would severely improve the current system, yet they are still far away from actual implementation.

With that in mind we have considered to implement a fast fix/hotfix in order to improve the current system, yet we found out that it wasn't viable to dedicate time to a system we are inclined to completely overhaul in the near future anyways. Furthermore this would delay the July content patch, which is something we don't want.

So, how do we proceed?

If Nation A wants a port(held by Nation B ), Nation A needs to ensure other nations(Nation C and D) don't have the time to plant a flag. That means using a blockade fleet or interceptors. If the enemy is closer to the enemy port, you need to send your ships before hand to compensate for your longer traveling time

If Nation A has 30 minutes travel time and nation C/D 20, nation A needs to blockade the port beforehand.

Whilst this is no rock-solid solution, it does allow parties involved to still dictate the terms of the engagement. The only thing that shifts is the time at which the blockade fleet is activated.

We do, as a collective, apologize for the frustration this has caused. Whilst this might not be the best solution, the only viable alternative we had was locking conquest as a whole.

Thank you for your time and understanding.

• Like 8