Game-Labs Forum

Who sails a Lynx? Why would you?

Exactly, why would you? It will cost money to buy or build and the free cutter has more canons. Same as the pickle, I don't think I have actually seen one. Why use a boat that has no great advantage. All class 7 ships use canons up to class 8.

Can we change this. Maybe the reload speed. So the poor lynx can fire off more rounds per minute compared to the cutter or other heavier gunned ships.

Mixed cannons. In the battle you can put different rounds in your cannon, how about putting different cannons in your boat. A cutter can have six of one type and a pickle can have 3 medium and 3 long cannons. a matter of opening a slot in the UI, and it could be upgrade or crafting note dependant.

The pickle has other features that make up for having the same guns as the cutter. It has a better fire arc and is a little faster it is also a more stable firing platform. You will have less shots in up in waves because of the increased distance from the water. It is also much tougher than the cutter or privateer.

The lynx is very fast and agile, when used correctly it can run circles around a cutter. Sure it have less cannons, which is why many people will use the privateer, But even the basic lynx can be a terror. With it's low freeboard it can be very hard to hit, so a lynx can tuck itself under the guns of bigger ships.

Trader Lynx are great. Practically uncatchable in current game mechanics (where cargo does not add weight) and more room than you will need for most purposes.

But yeah, I have never sailed an actual Lynx.

I think Azzak hit it when he said the Lynx is basically just in the game to give new players something smaller to shoot at with their Cutter. They opened it to players who want to sail one but I think there is no reason to.