Game-Labs Forum

Next Wipe !

Early Access = Big gamble, everything can happen, active development, risks involved and finally... deal with it!

It's ugly, we hate it - it has to happen for the greater good.

We are 'testing' right now, providing vital data by simply playing. We are basically co-developing and this is a part of it.

Some act completely ridiculous, claiming that the "majority" of the player base will abandon this etc.

Get real people... and sail on. You know you will anyway.

• Like 2

for the greater good.

Hear hear.

As I ususally say, I love this game to the core for some childish reason. It will become way more polished than it is now, so yes, wipe the dust as much as needed to make it superb.

That wipes are inevitable is ok. It's an early access. But for me the interesting thing is to understand when the developer say that they will wipe but keep xp to understand which kind of xp they will retain. That should be the whole point of the discussion. Not if the should or should not wipe. It's a discussion of clarity of intent. So players can plan accordingly.

For example if the say the will indeed wipe the crafting xp I will dump everything into crafting ships for doing battles. If they say they won't wipe the crafting xp then I will keep trying to unlock higher tier ships.

Edited by Francech
  • Like 1

Personally I think everything should be wiped except of course your character as people won't want their names being stolen.

i woud hate taht... so many hours lost? Grinding up again? Nope, woiud be a gamebreaker for me.

I've lvl trough Arena Twice and know trough OW.

I can't handle a 4th time...

i woud hate taht... so many hours lost? Grinding up again? Nope, woiud be a gamebreaker for me.

I've lvl trough Arena Twice and know trough OW.

I can't handle a 4th time...

Sorry to see you go... and failing to understand that this is a common risk with developing(!) any MMO.

You could have backed it and waited before you play. This product is unfinished, anything can drastically change at any moment.

Evaluate the risk before playing EA games.

Well technically i said that i would wait for it to be released before i would play again and you had a go at me anyway aubrey.  At the end of the day if that is how the bloke feels that is his choice, he has paid like everyone else so he can voice his opinion.   Also after lvling so many times i think he may know that the game is in development.

WilsonMG has said it best so far.

Early Release or not...this game has momentum with its player base/community. This will take a big hit if people don't feel at least an attempt was made to say, "Hey, we gotta wipe this, sorry, but here's what we can give you to at least soften the blow." as opposed to taking  the stance of "Well it's happening, it's early access. Too bad." (Not saying that's the Devs stance at all)

So while yes, it's their right to do so... The attention and player base they have is worth working around an alternative.

The devs have said there might be partial wipes if its needed after some massive change. What this means is that they might wipe gold but you keep your assets, they might wipe assets and you keep you gold,  they might wipe craft xp but you keep your stuff. They also said there would be some form of in-game compensation if this happens.

They're not going to wipe everything and leave us dry.

So Dev's said any future char wipe will include assets like ships , money but we get to keep xp and rank .

Imagine following scenario if Dev's decide to make a wipe say maybe game full release :

My current rank is 1st Lt and I have over 250k money in cash and like 150k worth of ships and tradeable goods/material , after the wipe I start with same rank with no money and in basic cutter . My question is ,

- Am I suppose to do 2nd or 1st Lt missions in basic cutter ? Or ,

- Go back chasing Trader cutters and lynx's ?

My suggestion is that Dev's has to offer a choices for any player with rank higher than start rank , say maybe a ship that suitable with his/her rank or enough money and let us choose .

Maybe by that time we will have other ways to gain money like trade/cargo delivery and explore missions .. etc .

What do u guys think ?

Ps . Sorry if this topic mentioned somewhere else , if yes plz provide a link . 

Maybe make it so that the ship you are sitting in determines what lvl of missions you have available.