Game-Labs Forum

AI Always Focus Me

I have been grouping up lately for Post Captain missions and the last 10 missions the AI will always and I mean always focus me first, they will have a clear shot of someone else but will wait just for me, this also happened in a Port Battle where the towers ignored the other 20 players and focused me. Why is this happening?

What was your ship compared to the others in the battle?  I've been curious if the AI tries to pick of the lower BR ships in an attempt to quickly reduce the overall number of cannons firing at it.  It really seemed like they ganged up on a buddy of mine who was sailing in a damaged ship that was smaller then mine.  From a tactical view, it would make sense to do that.

I've only been able to get the AI's attention off my friends by reducing the distance and getting almost 3 unanswered broadsides into it.

Edited by LordBeer
  • Like 1

What was your ship compared to the others in the battle?  I've been curious if the AI tries to pick of the lower BR ships in an attempt to quickly reduce the overall number of cannons firing at it.  It really seemed like they ganged up on a buddy of mine who was sailing in a damaged ship that was smaller then mine.  From a tactical view, it would make sense to do that.

I've only been able to get the AI's attention off my friends by reducing the distance and getting almost 3 broadsides unanswered broadsides into it.

I have a renommee and the others have either the same ship, cerb or frigate.

I think that it's the AI's assessment of "threat"(BR)? I get this too a lot, and I have yet to be in a group that everyone was sailing the same thing, using the same weapons, upgrades, etc. So, the AI might be focusing on the "biggest threat"...

(At least this is what I tell myself. "Aww, these AI know Im the baddest thing on these here waters. They better try and take me out first. ATTACK!"..lol)