Game-Labs Forum

Some really....really...bad apples (and some good ones)

Note-Due to the replies here, I can conclude its only a few bad apples

So I am just sailing with my friend karter, having a good time in naval action.

We hop into battle and see some ships we want to capture. 

I decide to capture a snow, but then decide not to after this Cerberus tells me not to. Anyways he orders me to use chain and I do so. Its all working out fine....until I accidentally ram the snow and tip him over. Recognizing, this mistake, I repeatedly profusely apologize.

Guess what happens?

He and his buddy actually sink me. Literally they take me from a full health brig to a sunk brig. And their explanation is "dont mess with us".

When I told them I would report them, they laughed at me and said that everyone would laugh at me cause I accidentally tipped over a trader (apparently that bad?).

After nearly 60 hours in naval action, I am actually prepared to stop playing because of people who act like this.

Video Notes

-When typing to my friend in TS (who is the one speaking in the background since I dont have a mic), I call these people "faggots"for sinking me. When I use the term, it is simply a cuss word I use when I angry, not a word intentionally trying to bash the LGBT community (I was pretty angry and shocked because of their actions). 

-When I use the word "fucking" in the phrase "Im really fuckin sorry" it is obviously meant to stress the word sorry, not used as an insult to anyone. 

-I attempted to warn them to stop shooting me by saying "I will upload to youtube" and "I know people". These were threats but they were mainly meant to get them to stop shooting me. The reason I am here is because their response was "go right ahead, people will laugh at you etc." while still shooting me until I was sunk.

-I accidentally hit Shoklar(as in slightly rammed him) twice, the first because I was trying to slow down the snow and accidentally turned into Shoklar (which I apologized for) and the 2nd time was when I accidentally hit his stern when my boat tipped into the snow (again apologizing profusely). I clearly apologized for both incidents, of which I am sorry for. However, I did apologize, which does not excuse them sinking my ship. This is highly true for DarkSilver, who I had no contact with until he sunk me with volley after volley

-I did not fire back once or fire into either Shoklar/DarkSilver at all during this time. I held my fire and made no provocative statements while apologizing multiple times for accidentally tipping the trader snow they wanted yet they continued to shoot me and eventually sink me. 

-As shown by the video, the names of the teamkillers are DarkSilver and Shoklar

- reflects the behavior of  single individual-persons on a whole comunity. What are we, Tumbler?

• Like 1

I had high hopes for the community in this game because it was great during alpha, but now I don't know...

The british chat on PvP one is horrible at times. There seem to be no moderators at all. People are free to adopt whatever abusive behaviour they like, without repercussions. There is, for instance, this individual called Nathaniel LaBelle (I think?) who jumps at every opportunity to share his views on how "niggers" and "muslims" are taking over the world and abuses everyone who opposes him, calling them all sorts of things.

Seriously? We need moderators and we need them NOW. And don't tell me to just ignore them. I do ignore some of them, but I also don't think that these people should be left to continue their abuse. Simply ignoring them is, in a way, accepting their behaviour.

There is a US player who is similar.  Report them, if they get reported enough, they will get chat bans.

If you don't like what people say in chat use the ignore option. If others agree with you then pretty soon the troll (or whatever) will be speaking only to themselves

Uh... I think you misunderstood the problem here friend. The problem is he lost his ship because some kids threw a fit that he sunk a enemy ship and killed him for it

Reposting this from my response in your tribunal post:

"Well, I was in this same match and I love how you left half of the actual thing out of the video/story. First of all, they clearly asked you from the beginning of the match not to mess with the snow they were trying to capture, which you agreed to. Then, not 30 seconds later, you started "helping" them by shooting the snow with cannon balls, not chain or grape. Then you flip it. You say it was accidental, but the general feeling of the whole thing is that you intentionally did it. Was it wrong to sink you? Maybe, but why are you even there ruining someone else's capture anyway? You said you were there for the brig. We all agreed it was yours. After that, this was all on you from what I saw."

And should you go to the tribunal, you shall see your points disproved deviant. There is no justification for sinking friendlies. 

I wish the title of this topic was changed, since OP already realized that he just happened to encounter a few rotten apples.

Yea, except there are 4-5 people here telling me to suck it up and some are even accusing me of doing something bad. 

"Foul" language is not the same as deliberately killing a player because they made an error by accidentally ramming a boat.

No they are accusing me of griefing and saying that I should be the one punished while the teamkillers get off for free.

There is enough of this crap in real life. Why bring it into a fictional game? This is supposed to be fun. 

Thats what I did. I apologized and I thought that would be the end of it. Instead they teamkilled me.

Im just trying to have fun, its people like Shoklar and DarkSilver who are do crap. 

After reading all this it seems for me, that is only a conflict between a few persons.

In conclusion it isn't such important to discuss it in public and blow it up.

I know there can not be a perfect Community, that is the case with all games especially a Community changes with the time as more people of the mass play it.

So NA player family remember the nice days and try to live with such persons even it is hard, that's the way the cookie crumbles ;)

Edited by Obinotus

No they are accusing me of griefing and saying that I should be the one punished while the teamkillers get off for free.

Whether you griefed or not is up to debate.  However, what they did clearly violated the rules and I expect you will get a response from admin when he gets time.

They do not get off free.  Teamkilling / green-on-green damage is punished automatically with negative XP.  If they do too much, they will get demoted, reset, banned.  No need for tribunal.

Hello everyone.

Basically Shaklor and his friends just tried to bribe me.

They told me they would pay for a brig if I would simply close this down and say "it was resolved" without saying anything else specific. 

However, Karter convinced me that I should not take the bribe for 2 reasons

1)It could possibly be a trap by deviant (who has already tried to smear me with accusations of griefing)

2)Taking someones money and letting teamkillers get away isnt good for the community.

Chat Logs here

Part I:   http://prntscr.com/9xvqu4

Part II:  http://prntscr.com/9xvr1h

Part III: http://prntscr.com/9xvr4d

Note-Part of me is led to believe Deviant is doing this out of the goodness of his heart (and I was very tempted into taking his bribe). However Karter pointed out I should refrain from doing anything possibly illegal. I refused out of fear that this was illegal (taking a bribe in order to stop a tribunal discussion). 

If Deviant is doing this out of the goodness of his heart (offering me a free ship to stop prosecuting his friends) then thank you but no thanks  :) 

So you've conveniently left the beginning of the conversation out to make yourself look better again. I didn't contact you at all, you came to me, complaining about why I was siding with dark and how you were stuck in a basic cutter now. Then I offered to replace your ship if you'd just drop it so we can move on. I don't appreciate your friend sending me nastygrams in game about trying to contact you to bribe you either.

All you've done here is proven to me that your and especially your friend are children with no clue about how life works yet. Good luck with that.

So you've conveniently left the beginning of the conversation out to make yourself look better again. I didn't contact you at all, you came to me, complaining about why I was siding with dark and how you were stuck in a basic cutter now. Then I offered to replace your ship if you'd just drop it so we can move on. I don't appreciate your friend sending me nastygrams in game about trying to contact you to bribe you either.

All you've done here is proven to me that your and especially your friend are children with no clue about how life works yet. Good luck with that.

Hmmm, Alright, I'm not going to support him approaching you but I will say it still wasn't a good idea to try to bribe him either. So may you please stop using the excuse of "he started it" cause that's always what you seem to use.

Here I will post the rest

http://prntscr.com/9xwch7

Some points

1)I approached you asking why you wanted to accuse me of griefing. 

2)Then when you asked me why I pressed the issue, I replied that I was poor asf.

3)Then you offered me the bribe. 

Done. 

Thats it.

Edited by NiMiTz

I see from the video not so good sailing on your part Nimitz if someone says they want to cap a ship and to use chain use chain that is it nothing else no ramming let them do the ramming to stop the ship your job was just to chain. The fact you rammed the snow multiple times and then flipped it one can easily mistake it as you doing it on purpose.  On the other hand they should not have opened fire on you.  

Hey....deviant.......

Guess who me and karter just saw sailing around near Neuva? 

Deviant and DarkSilver.......

No wonder you want to defend him so bad. 

And then you even straight up admit you are defending your friend who teamkilled me.

http://prntscr.com/9xwgvt

I don't get it... is there a joke I was suppose to get there?

I don't get it... is there a joke I was suppose to get there?

It means he didnt offer the bribe to "help make the community a better place". He offered the bribe to bail out his friends from their actions (which aint gonna work).