Game-Labs Forum

Elevation

Tarfman

Hey,

Have played a few hours so far and am really enjoying it. It can be a bit overwhelming at times but i think the pacing is pretty good. The AI appears to be fairly competent which is nice.

My only issue at the moment is the lack of contours or someway of discerning elevation. The map is beautiful but I find it quiet difficult to place artillery effectively because I cant discern the elevation.

Is there any plans to bring something in that would help with this?

Anybody else have any thoughts on this?

Cheers  

• Like 1

First, I want to say I too really like the game so far.  I posted on the Steam forum about this particular topic.  I think being able to press a button to bring up a map overlay showing elevation contour lines would be quite helpful.

Yeah, so far I've really struggled with understanding the elevation of the map too. I want to try and relocate my guns and my troops in the most local advantageous positions but I simply can't tell what's elevated and what isn't. Even some very low opacity contour lines (togglable on/off and opacity options) in the options menu would help players establish the terrain from a static camera position easier.