Game-Labs Forum

Player claiming to know devs and threatening to issue bans.

Nivosus

A player on server PVP 2 with the name WH Knight was in a small battle with myself and 2 others against him alone. We were all in basic cutters and he was in a Cerberus. After my team mates refused to engage, I split off from them and they later left. I spent the next 30 - 35 minutes using my speed and the map to my advantage, after he grew tired of trying to chase me while I used my small windows to fire upon him he said that "Talk to the devs about this shit."

Long story short, he basically threatened to ban me in order to scare me into leaving or quitting the game. Things of this matter should never ever be allowed and anybody claiming to have personal connection to the Devs in order to issue bans should in fairness, be banned themselves.

post-17940-0-72224400-1453989574_thumb.png

Go to Steam\steamapps\common\Naval Action\logs (or the location where you have your steam files located for Naval Action) and open up the chat log for that day this happen.

Use pastebin or something similar so the Admins can see what have been written in chat for this ocassion. So please take out what has been writen from that chatlog and paste it in pastebin or something similar so its easier for the Admins to view and then link it here :)

A player on server PVP 2 with the name WH Knight was in a small battle with myself and 2 others against him alone. We were all in basic cutters and he was in a Cerberus. After my team mates refused to engage, I split off from them and they later left. I spent the next 30 - 35 minutes using my speed and the map to my advantage, after he grew tired of trying to chase me while I used my small windows to fire upon him he said that "Talk to the devs about this shit."

Long story short, he basically threatened to ban me in order to scare me into leaving or quitting the game. Things of this matter should never ever be allowed and anybody claiming to have personal connection to the Devs in order to issue bans should in fairness, be banned themselves.

Impersonating the developers is not allowed. 

Based on your chat he just said that he will send info to the devs - sending info is done through forums using this tribunal or by filing the bug report. You can do it too.

Also don't trust people who claim they know someone :)

Regarding the whole situation. Small battle events ROE has been changed multiple times.

People avoiding sinking is a known problem and can only be enforced by design (not by players or reporting). I came across several cases like this myself where both sides did not want to lose ships and had to wait for the end of the battle doing nothing chatting. 

Perhaps it is time to bring back harsh circle of death which forces people to fight close range by the end of the battle.

We are going to fix this. 

• Like 3

You are reading "ban" into something that could just as easily be "complain to devs about being subjected to poor gameplay." You know the only chance you had of winning was by forcing him to surrender through holding his time hostage. Maybe not griefing, but certainly poor sporstmanship and obviously bad gameplay that no one wants to have to endure. Remember the golden rule. You won't be in free cutter forever.

• Like 3

I don't see any severely offending behaviour from his side, what I do see is frustrated behaviour entirely provoked by your abysmall sportsmanship. Avoiding a fight and attemtping to get a win at all costs through holding people's time hostage is very dishonourable indeed sir. I suggest next time time you find your courage, be a good sport and I guarantee you won't have to deal with such unpleasant conversations again.

And to leave you with a final thought, how would you feel if someone was doing this to you...

• Like 1

Perhaps it is time to bring back harsh circle of death which forces people to fight close range by the end of the battle.

We are going to fix this.

Just remember that harsh circle of death ruined battles and frustrated players also. You need a more elegant solution.

I think negative XP for the runner and positive XP for the chaser is the idea.

This way the chaser gets compensated for the chase while the runner does not have to lose a hull.

Plus running is natural if you don't think the odds are even or just want to trade etc.

I think negative XP for the runner and positive XP for the chaser is the idea.

This way the chaser gets compensated for the chase while the runner does not have to lose a hull.

Plus running is natural if you don't think the odds are even or just want to trade etc.

"Just wanting to trade" has nothing to do with small battles.  If you went into a small battle, you went in to fight.

No one is complaining about open world running, the complaints here are about people that try to run the full clock out in small battles.