Game-Labs Forum

Things That I Think Will Improve The Game.

So since the title is long enough without further ado:

Things that are more likely to be added:

1: A Tavern or Inn in every port!: add another section to each city(besides shop,mission etc.) where there is a unique chat lobby that can only be seen by people inside the Inn, and it may be a bit far fetched but maybe even add a unique card game in the future where people can gamble, like the Gwent  in The Witcher 3. Make the city channel disappear and force people to enter the tavern to chat with people in the city, or maybe even add a Bazaar chat for trade.

2: I think it is already confirmed but add more flags for each Nation, like the Norwegian flag for the Nord Alliance or Scottish and Welsh flags for the UK.

Things that are less likely to be added:

1: A unique Political system, so i have heard that there will be a political system soon and that every player within each nation can vote who to go to war with, but I think it would be better for a political system like that of the Erepublik to be implemented, which means that elite players past a certain level can pay a huge sum of money to create political parties, players past a certain level can join parties and there will be an internal voting between the members of the top 3-4 parties to elect nominees and then finally a final voting where every player from lvl 1 to 100 can vote and elect a president, the president remains in the office for 2-3 real life months and has certain privileges like having access to the national treasury, commanding AI fleets etc.

2: When the political system is added make it so that attacking allied ships will also mean that you will automatically turn into a pirate, to add more meaning to the alliances, but also limit the number of allies each country can have to max 2 to prevent a peace between all nations.

let me know if you like/dislike my suggestions.

Edited by Nau
  • Like 2

2: I think it is already confirmed but add more flags for each Nation, like the Norwegian flag for the Nord Alliance or Scottish and Welsh flags for the UK.

I like this one. I would also suggest to give players extra ensigns on their ships after they get new rank. Add more customization. 

• Like 2

So since the title is long enough without further ado:

Things that are more likely to be added:

1: A Tavern or Inn in every port!: add another section to each city(besides shop,mission etc.) where there is a unique chat lobby that can only be seen by people inside the Inn, and it may be a bit far fetched but maybe even add a unique card game in the future where people can gamble, like the Gwent  in The Witcher 3. Make the city channel disappear and force people to enter the tavern to chat with people in the city, or maybe even add a Bazaar chat for trade.

Also, add a different chat for Church, Mansion, Port and Slums!

Yeah, how about no? Port chat is pointless as it is, and if anything should be removed for being useless, not made even more useless.

While your political idea is interesting, presidents and such, I feel it may be a bit too complex and time-consuming. Most of us are in here for the game and the sailing, not to manage a virtual nation. 

I feel like the extent of politics should be players of certain levels in the game have the opportunity to vote on who to ally with and who to declare war on. 

To stop people from possibly attacking allied nations unknowingly I feel that there should be a notification or such in the port, and it ought to be quite forgiving, as you can't expect new players to fully grasp a political system almost immediately. 

Customization is a big thing I'd like to see implemented, add more life and personality to the game. And port interactions would certainly be a lot of fun, your idea for a tavern sounds great.

• Like 1

Yeah, how about no? Port chat is pointless as it is, and if anything should be removed for being useless, not made even more useless.

I didn't say anything about making it any more or less useless, the only difference is that player now must enter the tavern in order to access the port chat. And the Bazaar chat is the same thing is the trad channel in the other MMOs.

But then again maybe you are right since we already have the global chat.

For the exact same reason i also dislike that idea, but you can bring it a bit more friendly imo?

To Nau;

The reality is on that matter, nobody is going to use the "tavern, tavern chat" in port because people don't spend much time in port and especially not chatting? They repair, buy/sell, craft etc etc and they are back on their way.

At least that's wat i do!

Edited by Jacob van Heemskerck
  • Like 1

The thing is - you can go through equipment, crafting, missions etc and in the meantime look at chat and... well... chat. Having to jump between windows to do so would mean you rather do what you came to do and leave, in effect, not using the chat at all.

Second problem is - even as is, there are national chats, help channels, group channels, priv channels... Never seen port chat actually used for anything else than throwing "Hi" and forgetting about it. And right now you don't have to jump back and forth between windows to get into the chat...

And I meant no disrespect, just found the idea of having group of people going to church for a chat funny ;P

• Like 1

I think what the two guys above say actually make sens xD and I must admit I was initially offended by what you said, it is hard to tell if people are being serious oe joking in the internet.

Oh and one more thing about the small battle missions, Do you guys think that they are going to add real historical battles in the future? I mean at the moment in the random missions the ships carry old English and French flags, could it be that later they will add famous battles with countries that are not  playable? I also found this post which I guess was made by the developers, look at the flags they said they are going to use, there are even eastern countries there like the Ottomans and Algiers.

http://s18.postimg.org/54xm6ck1x/957px_Flag_Portugal_1667_svg.png

Edited by Nau

And I meant no disrespect, just found the idea of having group of people going to church for a chat funny ;P

Just because you don't participate in immersion RP, doesn't mean there isn't a market for it. The unused buildings in Elder Scrolls Online are a hot bed for RP groups to do their thing. Funny enough, they're mostly in taverns and churches.

Just because you don't participate in immersion RP, doesn't mean there isn't a market for it. The unused buildings in Elder Scrolls Online are a hot bed for RP groups to do their thing. Funny enough, they're mostly in taverns and churches.

And these participating in immersion RP - more than I do, I guess - use the towns chat? I am yet to see a single example of that.

Maybe it's because I have an aura around me, since you can straight up tell how I play... ^^

Diplomacy is badly needed. But please no limiting to 2 allies per nation. We never have to worry about a "peace between all nations", there is enough animosity already built in that this won't happen, and wars will also be created by players to keep them occupied if there is ever too much peace.