Game-Labs Forum

Generic ship name + customization

I don't like the fact that ships have fixed name after some single historical ship. In the end everybody plays in the same ship with same name etc. I would prefer generic class name and the ability to name my ship.

For example instead of 

HMS Surprise

we would get

Leda class frigate - Viking

When playing for Denmark, i don't want to sail HMS ship. It breaks immersion.

Also skins/painting/colors of ships should be available. So for example if i sail in fleet, we can have the same colors all.

P.S. If the developers are afraid of profanity, there can exist accepted vocabulary with polite words only. Or even better, only pirates would be allowed to use profanity in ship names :-)

Edited by Voi_Ta

1. ass tomms said, allready plenty of threads discussing this

2. Surprise is not a leda class frigate(this is annoying me a lot)

3. i think generic names is not a good thing due to inevitable confussion and also a lot of variations within classes

4. Ship isnt called HMS surprise, it is just called the surprise so you are not sailing a HMS ship

5. Certain predetermined names and colour schemes i would find alright, anymore and you start getting purple my little pony santisimas sailing around

1. ass tomms said, allready plenty of threads discussing this

2. Surprise is not a leda class frigate(this is annoying me a lot)

3. i think generic names is not a good thing due to inevitable confussion and also a lot of variations within classes

4. Ship isnt called HMS surprise, it is just called the surprise so you are not sailing a HMS ship

5. Certain predetermined names and colour schemes i would find alright, anymore and you start getting purple my little pony santisimas sailing around

how do you know their wasn't a purple my little pony 1st rate. maybe we just haven't found the records or wreck yet :)