Game-Labs Forum

Great addition.Maybe you might like to change a few such as "Midships" for "center rudder","Fire as your Guns Bear" for "Fire","Beat to Quarters" for "Action Stations"?

Added and the links been updated. Will make a new topic on it soon. So not to clog this one with any question on it.

Tutorial 4 on tacking is now up. I'm no sailing expert so this was out of my comfort zone but I hope it will help some people. I'm not sure what videos to do next though. I was thinking of ship identification,  for example the Trin and Con can be hard to tell apart. What do you guys suggest?  

Second installment on the Ship Review playlist. This time we take a look at the Lynx. Everyone starts off with one, so I guess a lot of newcomers might benefit from the insight of this one. Includes weapon explanations, polars analysis, and what I think is some pretty kickass gameplay with some tactical advice on how to use it in big ship PVP to top it off :)

My thoughts on the Cerberus with some gameplay added

(note: in case you wonder, I like the ship the way it is and I don't think it needs to change. I just feel is still too far from the Surprise and that probably we need another 32 gun frigate between them both to make the progression smoother ;).

I guess by this stage it's not unknown that I tend to complain quite a bit about how hard things get for me in most battles I take part of. No matter the ship I'm in, no matter the tactical situation at hand, no matter I'm far from being the biggest threat to engage, people just focus fire on me based on who I am. And of course that's a big detriment for my fun playing (even while my teammates love it as I eat volleys that should've been directed at them instead :P)

I usually don't use footage from games where I'm subjected to focus fire just because my nametag happens to be the one it is. I try to put up videos that help people learning stuff in situations they will find, and they're not going to find themselves in that kind of situation (hunted for who they are, not for the danger they actually represent), so that kind of video is useless for what I do (and that's yet another reason why I find such a situation annoying, I record many games I don't have an use for and delete instantly).

but lately I've seen some players disregarding those comments as me being salty and exagerating things, and in some cases people actually saying I whine too much. Well, be my guest, take a look at this video, and you'll decide wether I'm right or wrong in my complains...and if I have a reason to complain or not ;).

For the record this is far from the worst example I've had to go through. But is the one I happened to record yesterday. And one which displays up to which degree such a practice is dumb. A team with an almost guaranteed win by the battle setup threw it away just because they wanted to kill me at any cost. Best part of it is...they failed in doing that too.

PD: sorry if the audio levels are a bit out of whack. I'm trying to change my sound settings as some people were complaining about my microphone levels in previous videos. Well, it seems I didn't adjust them right for this one either :P

• Like 2

My thoughts on the Cerberus with some gameplay added

(note: in case you wonder, I like the ship the way it is and I don't think it needs to change. I just feel is still too far from the Surprise and that probably we need another 32 gun frigate between them both to make the progression smoother ;).

I guess by this stage it's not unknown that I tend to complain quite a bit about how hard things get for me in most battles I take part of. No matter the ship I'm in, no matter the tactical situation at hand, no matter I'm far from being the biggest threat to engage, people just focus fire on me based on who I am. And of course that's a big detriment for my fun playing (even while my teammates love it as I eat volleys that should've been directed at them instead :P)

I usually don't use footage from games where I'm subjected to focus fire just because my nametag happens to be the one it is. I try to put up videos that help people learning stuff in situations they will find, and they're not going to find themselves in that kind of situation (hunted for who they are, not for the danger they actually represent), so that kind of video is useless for what I do (and that's yet another reason why I find such a situation annoying, I record many games I don't have an use for and delete instantly).

but lately I've seen some players disregarding those comments as me being salty and exagerating things, and in some cases people actually saying I whine too much. Well, be my guest, take a look at this video, and you'll decide wether I'm right or wrong in my complains...and if I have a reason to complain or not ;).

For the record this is far from the worst example I've had to go through. But is the one I happened to record yesterday. And one which displays up to which degree such a practice is dumb. A team with an almost guaranteed win by the battle setup threw it away just because they wanted to kill me at any cost. Best part of it is...they failed in doing that too.

PD: sorry if the audio levels are a bit out of whack. I'm trying to change my sound settings as some people were complaining about my microphone levels in previous videos. Well, it seems I didn't adjust them right for this one either :P

That was bonkers

OlavDeng2: what is the plan?
Me: kill them all

Brits: VDD-Rafael (Santisima), Bolitho (Bellona), Bop Shady (Constitution), deltajet2k (Trincomale), Kalisti (Trincomale), Phooge (Surprise), Capttain Office (Cerberus)
Frogs: OlavDeng2 (Victory), PrezesOi (Bellona), Davy Jones115 (Constitution), Captain MiniMe (Trincomale), Xander Tyrann (Trincomale), Manne (Surprise), Trucky21 (Cerberus)

• Like 2

You can never be sure who is sitting on the other side of the monitor, but one thing is certain - "Klava Pupkina" is a female name. Klava = Claudia I guess...(?)

So .. "lady Klava" not "sir Klava" ;-)

Edited by PrezesOi

Helloo sir RAMJB,

First really nice video and even more better commentary you did quite good even more the good i would say.

Ok now that beeing said i still think you are a little bit salty , tho just a little bit :)  i will explain.

You are right in all you said in video about their wrong tactics about they wrong gameplay and so on and its all true.

But you have to understand that people will not allways use the same tactics over and over again they might try something else for example they mite decided at the start of the game to play like that > to get rid of 2 frigates and then later try to finish that Vic when she was alone. im not saying its the best tactic but it is a tactic and people can try all sort of things.

The only reason that i think that you are just a tiny little bit salty is that this what we play atm is sea trials Alpha so we are to test all kind of things and tactics not just stick to one wich is in most cases the correct one to begin with (the one you explain it many times in your videos).

On the other hand if they did that only and only coz you are a youtuber then i agree with you in all you said. That is really not the way to play and i support you on that one.

And at the end you dont need to be salty at all coz in few last videos that i watched you adapted really well and you are expecting them to rush on you and you play accordingly to that and douing quite well i must say :)

If i was on your spot at this moment i would not worried too much at present state but then again when the OW hits us and if this live pursuit on you continue like this or even get worse then i must say i would not sail the world in you pants m8 :)

Really nice video like allways and keep them coming like allways and dont mind the haters.

Cheers sir RAMBJ,

Capt.   Axis