Game-Labs Forum

Choice of nations

Hi all!

I'm a newbie and I don't even have the game, hence I'm just reading here and there to get an idea of the game.

So, I was wondering whether the choice of a specific nation had any particular pro&cons aside from a graphic factor.

Excuse me if this question has been made hundred of times  :)

france need storng reinforcement. We got ports, we get frogs, but we don't get players

Well if it was the Kingdom of france (Royal French navy) i would be all over it =)

But im not to sure since its the early Republic / french empire (1794)

Since thats the only time period they used the tricolore as the naval flag prior to the 1830s.

And i like the "Royal" French navy (and there feats) more then that of there actions during the French Revolutionary war / napoleonic war.

Frances largest Naval successes was under the white banner (No Irony) while during the revolutionary wars / napoleonic war they mostly sufferd catastrophic defeat after catastrophic defeat.

The pre revolution time was also where the french had the greatest presance in the americas and the largest number of french ships in the americas.

So with it currently just being the Americas Map id say the Pre revolution France makes alot more sense =P.

I guess im looking to much into things xD but thats how i roll.

I tried Spain a bit but everyone was just speaking spanish in the main chat =P.

Wich i think is kinda rude since far from all players of a nation in the game are of that nationallity.

Edited by mattebubben
  • Like 1

Well if it was the Kingdom of france (Royal French navy) i would be all over it =)

But im not to sure since its the early Republic / french empire (1794)

Since thats the only time period they used the tricolore as the naval flag prior to the 1830s.

And i like the "Royal" French navy (and there feats) more then that of there actions during the French Revolutionary war / napoleonic war.

Frances largest Naval successes was under the white banner (No Irony) while during the revolutionary wars / napoleonic war they mostly sufferd catastrophic defeat after catastrophic defeat.

The pre revolution time was also where the french had the greatest presance in the americas and the largest number of french ships in the americas.

So with it currently just being the Americas Map id say the Pre revolution France makes alot more sense =P.

I guess im looking to much into things xD but thats how i roll.

I tried Spain a bit but everyone was just speaking spanish in the main chat =P.

Wich i think is kinda rude since far from all players of a nation in the game are of that nationallity.

We have english speakers in French chat :).

Also, if you wish to yell Vive le Roi, you are free to do as you please...

• 4 weeks later...