Game-Labs Forum

Concept Art Feedback

admin

I like it simple, clean and stylized, my personal preference is number 5, with perhaps a little more detail such as in the upper-left screenshot of this page. I think the brightness of number 7 is somewhat off. Six is interesting too and comes close to the colors I prefer, but like it says, I don't like the volcano like edges on the hills.

What I really like about number 2 is that it says, this is it, it's about the game. You get a clear oversight of your troops and options and it's all about the actions you make, not so much about the immersiveness. The gray works well on the red and I'm not opposed to this one either. But, I will fill in the but for me.. I think it belongs more to a pure multi-player competitive game. A game, which I would VERY much like and I hope, if this game is a success, you will consider..

Bare, but highly stylized with a wiff of a past century presented in the colors, well gray, and just all about your strategic decisions against another human being.

#7 for most realism and graphical fidelity, but the extra prettyness might interfere with gameplay unless interface elements are good and the player still knows where everything is.

concept #7, fits the game style of the civil war. I really like it, some of the others are ok, but #7 if "IT" Would like to see some units on the map so I could see how they look. (yes, realism and graphical fidelity is a must)

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The latest update looks great.

I was wondering if there will be a zoom feature? If so, to what level of detail?

Also, will there be a variety of uniform details? So far it looks as though they are pretty vanilla. Although, I suppose that's to be expected at this stage of development.

Got to have a sturdy foundation before you build the house!

The graphical style is really fresh, and to the point; I'm glad you haven't gone for an all-grit approach like a lot of other Civil War games. A game has to be enjoyable to look at, as well as reflecting the time period it depicts. The particle effects are nice and fluffy too. 

The graphical style is really fresh, and to the point; I'm glad you haven't gone for an all-grit approach like a lot of other Civil War games. A game has to be enjoyable to look at, as well as reflecting the time period it depicts. The particle effects are nice and fluffy too.

Agreed, I would love to see a revolutionary war battle on these maps.