Game-Labs Forum

Help remove the white shading.

I am seeking some help to remove the white shading when using “Aimed View”.

I’m aware that I can remove the interface with CTRL+H and then there is no interface on the screen except for the small text “Naval Action Beta” in the upper right.

When I hit the right mouse button to enter “Firing Mode”  there is a long white shaded rectangle that stretches away from my ship.  The white shading helps in aiming but I would prefer if I could disable it so I can clean up the graphics.

I pretty sure that there is no-one who can help me but I’m looking for a way to toggle off the white shading in “Firing Mode”.

SqRqCll.jpg

Before people try to explain how much they like the interface or that I should learn to like it, let me recap what I do know:

• CTRL+H removes almost all of the interface.
  • R mouse enters the Aimed View or Firing Mode.
  • Outside Aimed View has no white shading.
  • Outside Aimed View uses the [ and ] keys to fire unaimed broadsides.
I enjoy the feel of being on the deck and seeing the perspective from what the crew would see.  It’s fun to manage the sails and spars by looking up and noting the wind direction from the pennants .  It’s a challenge to try and  judge the effect of my shots on the enemy.  I would just love to try and play without the white shading but I don’t want to give up having a greater level of control in aiming than the simple unaimed broadside.

I’m not suggesting anyone else should change their settings or style of play … I’m just hoping that someone knows something that I’ve missed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zO2JLaee1I0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zO2JLaee1I0

Edited by Macjimm
  • Like 1

If you use the zoom feature (the [ and ] keys) while using the home camera, you can possibly get the deck view that you want.  You can also use that camera setting to change* the distance in the Open World camera, allowing you to zoom further away from the ship even after you leave the home camera.

*I believe that it does not allow you to see further, but it just makes the illusion that the ship is further way than it really is by a slight distortion. 

If you use the zoom feature (the [ and ] keys) while using the home camera, you can possibly get the deck view that you want.  You can also use that camera setting to change* the distance in the Open World camera, allowing you to zoom further away from the ship even after you leave the home camera.

*I believe that it does not allow you to see further, but it just makes the illusion that the ship is further way than it really is by a slight distortion.

I can't fire the cannons while using the home camera. Once I use the home camera I lose all control of the ship.

I tried it and the double Ctrl H doesn't remove the white shaded area in "Firing Mode".

I've tried:

• Holding down Ctrl and tapping H
  • Double tapping Ctrl H at the same time
  • Holding down H and tapping Ctrl

Any tips on what I am doing wrong?  Is this only in Open World or is it in testing also.

Should I configure settings differently?

You must not be doing it right, because it does indeed remove it.  I use it all the time in videos.

Ctrl H once.  Let go of the keyboard.  Ctrl H again and the white will go away.  Ctrl H one last time to get the Hud back.  This is why you have to hit Ctrl H 3 times to cycle the Hud controls.

it's buggy sometimes. Keep hitting it...

Well I appreciate everyone's effort to help.  But it doesn't seem to work for me.   :(

edit: A couple of lads tested it with me and they were unable to get it work either.

Edited by Macjimm

Well I appreciate everyone's effort to help.  But it doesn't seem to work for me.   :(

edit: A couple of lads tested it with me and they were unable to get it work either.

Devs please inspect it. Possibly it was broken after updates?

• 2 weeks later...