Game-Labs Forum

Will game ever come to early access steam?

Game seems to be taking a long time to come to early access.

http://www.navalaction.com/blog/

Jan-May 2015.

• Soft launch of early access on steam

It's now June....

People are waiting for this game. We had a lot of fun during the Sea Trials but for months now we have been playing other games and just waiting for Naval Action to be ready for steam early access so we can play in the open world.

Can a Dev give an ETA on when that will be happening? I know Game-Labs is legit because they have one game already on steam called "Ultimate General: Gettysburg" but development for Naval Action seems to be taking a long time....

Edited by Madoc
  • Like 2

You usually don't get a second chance to make a first impression. 

Steam means we can't control the inflow of players, and have to be ready.

PS game was launched on steam 21st November. 100% of players have the game in the steam library. So it is technically on steam.

• Like 4

PS game was launched on steam 21st November. 100% of players have the game in the steam library. So it is technically on steam.

So...we waiting for new big server? aye?

Why does the game show in my steam library as "Naval Action Beta" when the game is still in Alpha?

I'd prefer this game stay off Steam until it's at a well-polished state. At the moment, this game isn't hugely known, but I'm sure that when it gets released to Steam, it will get tons of attention (Because it's such a fine concept for a game!). 

Alphas don't need tons of attention from tons of people, they need a small, scrutinizing community. Not to mention, Steam has a tendency, or perhaps a history, of judging early access products as though they are full fledged games. My feeling is, if we were to release to the masses of Steam now, this game would get a very bad reputation very prematurely. As admin said, you only get one chance to make a first impression.