Game-Labs Forum

Love this Game! ... But...

As the title says, I love this game, been seeing dozens of videos and gathering all the info I can about it.
Greenlit it on steam, and its on my favourites.

Sadly i didn't bought it on time.

I will buy it on minute 1 of its launch.

But...

Its a pity that one of the most influential nations in what comes to the sea and sailing isn't represented at all, not even a flag.
Yes, I'm Portuguese.

I already posted a topic on the ships for the period, a topic I aim to keep adding more detailed information as I find it about Portuguese ships.
Many fought in Trafalgar, and many other battles, and the Portuguese colours where common sight in those times.

And yet, as i see the first tests for the open world I also see nations like Germany and Denmark in the Caribbean... Ok i can understand that a bit, specially in a monetary point of view (after all this isn't an NGO, you must make profit and its a sound decision, America being one of the most important in that regard).

But Brazil is just around the corner, A Portuguese territory that gain its independence by the hand of a Portuguese Prince soon after the Napoleonic wars.
Commercial relations where continuous even after that.

And even so... not even a gleam of the Portuguese Flag.

That the only thing that puts a bitter taste to an otherwise amazing and fantastic game.

Had to take this off my chest, its very sad to see an historical game ignore one of the most important historical figures of the age of sail.

Thank you for your time,
Best regards.

EDIT: Btw I just noticed how I "slaughtered" the English language in this text, my apologies :(

Edited by Pantufas
  • Like 4

And yet, as i see the first tests for the open world I also see nations like Germany and Denmark in the Caribbean... Ok i can understand that a bit, specially in a monetary point of view (after all this isn't an NGO, you must make profit and its a sound decision, America being one of the most important in that regard).

"Germany"? Nope, not one of their state is in the game as faction (except maybe as "neutral" flag).

Portugal and the Brazilian habors are a nice addition, but it would take a lot of time just for the creation of the map.

Thus I can understand, why Portugal isn't ingame yet.

Denmark had during the time a single(?) Harbor in the Carribean.

Edited by Thonar

At first I may welcome you to the forums, Sir ;)

And just the moment I wanted to remind you that this game is indeed a test with many unknown final stages Admin comes and gives you a brief reply. Spot on imo.

Nations are not final.

The rough idea about them is shown in this thread here.

Germany is not represented. In that period germany wasnt even founded ;)

What nations are going to be in the game at last? Noone knows but I could see the decisions beeing made from popularity.

America was already a marketing desicion.

• Like 2

first off The Danish West Indies consisted of the Caribbean islands St. Thomas, St. John, and St. Croix. The colony was sold to the United States in 1917, since which time the three islands have been known as the United States Virgin Islands.

With that out of the way, I do not see any reason why portugal shouldn't become a part of naval action at some point in time :)

• Like 1