Game-Labs Forum

On Premium Ships and "Pay to Win"

x5 durabilities when gone 1 week in refit yard before back on the seas with x5 durability again, that way they serve a purpose, cannot be used to spam and are worthy of collecting for their own sake. I want the option of paying money to support the game on my limited funds, i am not interested in paying to skip gaming or gain advantage, To much of that in many games, and it stops being a challenge and becomes jump to end game. To many want it now can't work/wait for it killing gaming all over.

x5 durabilities when gone 1 week in refit yard before back on the seas with x5 durability again, that way they serve a purpose, cannot be used to spam and are worthy of collecting for their own sake. I want the option of paying money to support the game on my limited funds, i am not interested in paying to skip gaming or gain advantage, To much of that in many games, and it stops being a challenge and becomes jump to end game. To many want it now can't work/wait for it killing gaming all over.

Why would you penalize a premium ship owner with a week of no ship when a non-premium can go buy a new ship and keep going after losing their last durability?  That doesn't make the first bit of sense.

It really depends on if they allow players to make amends and lose their pirate status, and how complicated it is. Also don't forget players are willing to risk permenent bans over TK, I some how doubt being labeled a pirate is the deterrent many think it may be.

They've already said it to be permanent and if the devs are to be believed, it will be to your detriment.

As to the 1or 2 dollar suggestion, it would not be worth it in the long run. Sure you are preying on people with compulsive spending issues but given the amount of time and money it takes to research, model etc the ships would it balance out in the long run? Seems kinda FarmVille ish to me

It would work, it's already tried and tested. Developers like SuperCell have used this method of selling many small micro-transactions and amassed billions in the process.

Why would you penalize a premium ship owner with a week of no ship when a non-premium can go buy a new ship and keep going after losing their last durability?  That doesn't make the first bit of sense.

Good point, not been in OW world yet not sure how buying \ building ships works, in that case time out for as long as it takes to build a special, but if they can just insta x5 it when ever, then there is no point in have any other ships in normal yard, no need to play the game to achieve anything and an instant new ship when ever the credit card is reached for, premium should be a special thing not a day to day thing imo why bother making a complex game if it is always to be short cuts to end game? Really why play a game that offers no challenge at all? I want premium ships because they are different and a way to offer after purchase support. If a never ending ship is in play then all gold made using it can be spent on weapons, bonuses and what ever else is in game to boost things. No gold will ever be spent on a ship meaning the non stop spam ship will allow them to amass more cash in game than non non stop spam ship, it has to have a time out and it has to be an extra not an alternative or that extra gold they save can purchase things others are working hard to obtain. Does that make more sense? I want prem ships but i don't want them unbalancing people in game.

Good point, not been in OW world yet not sure how buying \ building ships works, in that case time out for as long as it takes to build a special, but if they can just insta x5 it when ever, then there is no point in have any other ships in normal yard, no need to play the game to achieve anything and an instant new ship when ever the credit card is reached for, premium should be a special thing not a day to day thing imo why bother making a complex game if it is always to be short cuts to end game? Really why play a game that offers no challenge at all? I want premium ships because they are different and a way to offer after purchase support. If a never ending ship is in play then all gold made using it can be spent on weapons, bonuses and what ever else is in game to boost things. No gold will ever be spent on a ship meaning the non stop spam ship will allow them to amass more cash in game than non non stop spam ship, it has to have a time out and it has to be an extra not an alternative or that extra gold they save can purchase things others are working hard to obtain. Does that make more sense? I want prem ships but i don't want them unbalancing people in game.

You are missing the critical point here, people still need to play the game to earn their rank for more crews. Of course, you can sail your premium frigate or surprise at the very beginning with your 40 crews and good luck with that, my premium yacht will rake you and I will take your big premium ship :lol:. Furthermore, admin said crafted ship will be better than premium ship with their stats. Lastly according to admin,  premium ships will stop at 4 or 5th rate which mean no premium SOL. With the current ship price, a cerbe is 22k and you can earn 30k with around 4 or 5 captured traders snows. A frigate is 60k I believe and it takes 3 or 4 captured  Surprise. Not so much imbalance right? And for people who know what they are doing, with 1 dura, they can earn a lot more than 200k. With my captured brig, I have earned around 50k untill I got stuck under the sea :P

Edited by Doschichis
  • Like 1

You are missing the critical point here, people still need to play the game to earn their rank for more crews. Of course, you can sail your premium frigate or surprise at the very beginning with your 40 crews and good luck with that, my premium yacht will rake you and I will take your big premium ship :lol:. Furthermore, admin said crafted ship will be better than premium ship with their stats. Lastly according to admin,  premium ships will stop at 4 or 5th rate which mean no premium SOL. With the current ship price, a cerbe is 22k and you can earn 30k with around 4 or 5 captured traders snows. A frigate is 60k I believe and it takes 3 or 4 captured  Surprise. Not so much imbalance right? And for people who know what they are doing, with 1 dura, they can earn a lot more than 200k. With my captured brig, I have earned around 50k untill I got stuck under the sea :P

KK thanks for clearing that up a bit, helpful :)