Game-Labs Forum

Help Needed

I've just lost my first NA battle.....a pvp, Lancier has advised me to use the pve instead so is there any helpful advice u guys can give me??

Remember I KNOW NOTHING about this game so even if things are second nature to u guys plz tell me about them

Many Thx Wym

• Like 1

PVE until you figure out the basics of sailing and shooting.  If you can get to the side and ahead of the ai, it'll pretty much sit there and let you broadside it to death.  Once you get the basics down, jump into pvp light.  Don't worry about getting owned.  Use that time to spectate other players and see how they play. 

Eventually you'll want to learn manual sails and tacking.  It's kind of a must but it may take a while to get the hang of it.  PVE is a great place to practice those things.

• Like 1

Thx Lads I'm reading the guides now.........

I hope to practice with a competent English speaking Captain ingame asap

If anyone would consider helping me plz add me in steam  [N]Wym....{Major}

Thx in advance

The advice to go back to PvE is rude.

Tell him to calm down and sail on.

Learning the game in PvP is always the harder but lot more rewarding way.

The AI is pretty dump in this build and very easy to predict. You may learn shooting and the very basics of sailing but you will only be trained against scenarios wich you never see against real players. They are unpredictable and you have to learn to either react or act on yourself.

Also you can always observe the action after your sunk and learn from the other players.

conclution:

Go ahead in PvP. Its a lot more fun and satisfying when you finally sink "that" enemy ship.

If you have questions on manual sailing you may ask in the forums if someone is willing to go into a training room.

• Like 1

The advice to go back to PvE is rude.

Why would that be rude? It's much easier to learn the basics in pve.

I also believe that noone told him that he's not allowed to pvp before he's good, just suggesting that he pve until he learns the basics.

Why would that be rude? It's much easier to learn the basics in pve.

I also believe that noone told him that he's not allowed to pvp before he's good, just suggesting that he pve until he learns the basics.

Indeed....this was advise from a friend.....and playing PVE has helped me no end,though I do look forward to future PVP's esp when I command a 5th Rate or larger.

When the very first players got into early access we had so many PvPs going on where noone had a clue about the game at all.

Instead of telling them to stay away from PvP most players with more experience already (long time testers) gave the new capains lots and lots of tipps wich you cannot get when sailing against the AI.

Tips like ranging shots, accidental manual skipping, the use of all the different controls.

Thats constructive and very appealing to the newcomer. I know that because I helped a lot of them out when they first came into the test. It was a blast and I had a really epic time with all of them.

If you really want to help a newcomer you start a(another) game with him. No matter wich gamemode. Teach him.

Everything else sounds like you just want the bad players to stay out of your fight. And thats true for too much of the online population.

Maybe my initial post sounds like you could learn nothing from PvE.. well you cannot learn the finess you need for PvP.

Shooting, managing crew and repairs. Such things you may learn from the NPCs. But proper sailing? nah.

All the AI does is circling you. If you go full sails you keep him on your broadside wich he cannot hit even at medium ranges.

A player will try to outplay you.

The AI is pretty dump in this build and very easy to predict. You may learn shooting and the very basics of sailing but you will only be trained against scenarios wich you never see against real players.

yeah playing PVE is crucial to learn the controls, shooting mechanics and boarding.

I also think PvE is an excellent place for practicing the sail characteristics of each ship. How much the pitch, turn rate, gun range etc, but equally yes you can learn these in PvP.

I love he community of this game because there are so many captains willing to teach here.

PVE is a must imo........prior to entering PVP's.........but playing either with an experienced friendly Captain especially when using TS is of utmost importance.It certainly has helped me  ;)

Edited by Wym