Game-Labs Forum

>>>v1.6 Feedback<<< (Latest version: 1.6.0.6 Optx3)

That invulnerability isn't restricted to just that particular hull. In my current campaign, I'm facing American BB hulls of around 70k tons displacement, built with just 300mm main belt armour, and literally nothing, zero, everywhere else except the main turrets. Despite that, AP rounds either bounce or over-pen, doing fractional damage. Likewise HE rounds, either bounce, partial-pen or over-pen, similarly doing fractional damage. Net result, it takes near 1000 hits to send one of these tin cans down. Note, the guns suffering this latest nerfage are 15", 16" and 18" Mk5's.

While this farce is going on, AI's 7" armed CL's are literally tearing my CA's appart at extreme range. The level of absurdity in this is spectacularly insulting.

• Like 3

Uploaded optimized build including:
- Auto-Design further optimizations.
- Armor penetration thresholds fine tunings. In short, armored ships will be even more durable in combat but full penetrations will result in an even more catastrophic damage.
- Battle AI adjustments to exploit more effectively the advantages of its ships.
- A minor camera fix in campaign map.
You need to restart Steam to get the update.

• Like 5
  • Downvote 1

Did some testing. Many hulls, pretty much anything with a base resistance of 90 or so, can reach 192 Resistance with the right set of modules and maxed out displacement. Some can get over 200, but that's really not needed.
Because at 192 Resistance a ship has a -100% gun damage modifier.

I sent some ships up against 10 Italian battleships (Shared Designs by Brosilly, so you know they're potent) and let them tank damage for 10 minutes straight. One my ships had 0" armor, one had 2" all over, and one had very good battleship armor, but not enough to fully protect from 20" guns. None of them took any serious direct shell damage, just fires.

I like the concept of Displacement now directly impacting Resistance, but the current implementation leaves a bit to be desired.

• Like 8

19 hours ago, brothermunro said:

Would be good if resistance had a hard cap on the damage reduction it can achieve, say 95%? That’s still a lot but would stop the broken interaction where resistance can effectively block all damage.

23 hours ago, Panzergraf said:

Did some testing. Many hulls, pretty much anything with a base resistance of 90 or so, can reach 192 Resistance with the right set of modules and maxed out displacement. Some can get over 200, but that's really not needed.
Because at 192 Resistance a ship has a -100% gun damage modifier.

I sent some ships up against 10 Italian battleships (Shared Designs by Brosilly, so you know they're potent) and let them tank damage for 10 minutes straight. One my ships had 0" armor, one had 2" all over, and one had very good battleship armor, but not enough to fully protect from 20" guns. None of them took any serious direct shell damage, just fires.

I like the concept of Displacement now directly impacting Resistance, but the current implementation leaves a bit to be desired.

As I know you play the game with modified files. Have you played without any modification to see how it works?

Resistance modifiers are not directly linear to the percentage you see. You can read the modifiers in the stats. It already works with a maximum -95% modifier for 200 value, if I recall correctly. If the large resistance gave -100% no damage, you would see no damage at all to the ship.

That was with no mods installed, completely "vanilla". When mousing over the Resistance modifier, I see that it gives a -100% damage reduction already from 192 resistance (a number not attainable before).
There is some damage from enemy shells taken, but it's really minimal to the point where it might as well be 0.

Fires still cause damage.

• Like 1

I keep a vanilla version of UAD around for checking things (and also to check if I’ve messed things up) - can confirm you can get -100% gun damage reduction on vanilla hulls. Easiest one to check is the German Super Battleship 2 with maximum displacement and increased beam & draught. If you take a ship like that out into a custom battle it is basically impossible to hurt, indicating the tooltip is correct.

• Like 5

Uploaded optimizedx2 build including:
- Increased ammo replenishment in campaign.
- Fixed FPS limit not being saved in settings.
- Fixed some problems in camera scrolling in campaign map, being either too sensitive or not fast enough.
- End techs improved to not cause overweight ships.
- Fixed remaining issue of shell ballistics not being able to find a fire solution sometimes. Gun ranges and accuracies have been adjusted accordingly.
- Adjusted further the armoring logic and damage model, addressing cases where some ships with very high endurance were too hard to sink plus other fixes.

Note: There will be a new beta shortly introducing a radical change in the game, making a new campaign to need only a few seconds to start, and overall to greatly reduce the loading times. Mainly this update will improve the number one issue of the game, as stated by the community.

• Like 11

• Nick Thomadis changed the title to >>>v1.6 Feedback<<< (Latest version: 1.6.0.6 Optx2)
8 hours ago, Nick Thomadis said:

Uploaded optimizedx2 build including:
- Increased ammo replenishment in campaign.
- Fixed FPS limit not being saved in settings.
- Fixed some problems in camera scrolling in campaign map, being either too sensitive or not fast enough.
- End techs improved to not cause overweight ships.
- Fixed remaining issue of shell ballistics not being able to find a fire solution sometimes. Gun ranges and accuracies have been adjusted accordingly.
- Adjusted further the armoring logic and damage model, addressing cases where some ships with very high endurance were too hard to sink plus other fixes.

Note: There will be a new beta shortly introducing a radical change in the game, making a new campaign to need only a few seconds to start, and overall to greatly reduce the loading times. Mainly this update will improve the number one issue of the game, as stated by the community.

Wow this would be a spectacular development!  I almost can’t believe it.  Good work.

• Like 1

Dear devs,

Could you please do something for this minor issue that has frustrated me since the very beginning:

In the ship builder, often times there are parts that are clearly intendet to fit together, say Iowa- or Littorio-style forward and rear superstructures. While the parts may be properly sized compared to each other, often it is impossible to place the parts seamlessly, resulting ugly gap between the parts. This is due to too large minimum snap distance of the parts.

So, could you please make it so that we could more accurately place the parts, either by making the snap distance smaller or othervice fixing this aesthetical issue.

• Like 3

• Nick Thomadis changed the title to >>>v1.6 Feedback<<< (Latest version: 1.6.0.6 Optx3)

200+ Resistance is still possible on hulls with high base resistance, though the max number has been lowered somewhat compared to before, and I notice some of the ships I built previously have slightly lower Resistance than they did before.

The in-game tooltip still states that this should give me -100% gun damage, but I haven't checked if that's the case in battle yet.

resistance.jpg