Game-Labs Forum

[Mod] The Dreadnought Improvement Project v1.13.0 for UAD 1.5.1.1 Opt x1

brothermunro

22 minutes ago, Suribachi said:

...is that drunk formations are back causing mayhem in the formations.

There were some changes by the devs related to ship speed and rotation modifiers in the recent updates that may be the cause for that. I am just guessing here.

1 minute ago, o Barão said:

There were some changes by the devs related to ship speed and rotation modifiers in the recent updates that may be the cause for that. I am just guessing here.

Understood.  Just wondering where to post my report.  Sounds like it is a problem with the game, not the mod so I will post in the general discussions.  Thanks

• Like 1

• brothermunro changed the title to [Mod] The Dreadnought Improvement Project v1.7.0 for UAD 1.5.0

Mod now out for 1.5.0 live branch. The ship pack and 1.6.1 have been moved to the 'old versions' section of the nexus if you are using the previous stable version functionality on steam. A ship pack for 1.5 will take some time but I'll get to work on it ASAP!

• Thanks 1

So for some reason I think there might be some economy issues, but I am not sure if its the mod or the newest update. I moved 2 battlefleets from defend out to sea and it was like an 80 MILLION difference.

Okay...given that the last time I have installed the latest version of the mod and that on both occasions my campaign fleet was wiped out, what is the best way to install this? 

Currently I'm using the last version of improvement project mod, and I'm mid way through a campaign.

10 hours ago, RattyB said:

Okay...given that the last time I have installed the latest version of the mod and that on both occasions my campaign fleet was wiped out, what is the best way to install this? 

Currently I'm using the last version of improvement project mod, and I'm mid way through a campaign.

Probably your best bet is to use the ‘previous stable version’ feature on steam to stay on 1.4.1.1 Opt x2 and use DIP 1.6.1 until your campaign is complete and then upgrade

So I started a new 1890 campaign when I installed your mod, tyvm for improving a game I really enjoy.

But I have quite a few game breakers on my first go. Firstly I attacked China as Japan with a couple cheap BB and a bunch of TBs in the first few months. I overcame their navy and blockaded all ports, China collapsed... The I moved onto Spain, blockaded all ports in my region, Spain collapsed... The total collapse seems a bit overcooked imo. Like Spain would no way have collapsed if the Phillipines was blockaded.

Then I move onto Germany and try to naval invade Kiautschou Bay. First time round I showed up with 160k tonnage and lost. Now on the 4th attempt I have 210k tonnage and my success ratio is 19%...

Also during that time I had the port totally blockaded but they managed to break out with 500,000 army force and take North East China, then all of a sudden and despite me having total sea control they now have 2.3mil army force and are now simultaneously attacking Northern China with 400k army force and Weihaiwei with 1.9mil army force v my 17k army force. 

What am I missing here. Surely as the local nation I shouldn't be so totally overwhelmed by Germans from the other side of the world who have no supply lines...

Please adivse.

I also have had Germany and "The Britain" collapse very early in my 1910 campaign (both before 1920).

I think the very high costs for active fleets is part of it, also for some reason, I notice on the first turn of a war I might get a boost in naval funds, but that disappears the next turn and now I am very negative.

Edited by ijp8834

8 hours ago, brothermunro said:

Probably your best bet is to use the ‘previous stable version’ feature on steam to stay on 1.4.1.1 Opt x2 and use DIP 1.6.1 until your campaign is complete and then upgrade

Thanks for that! However I'm probably being thick, but I cant find an obvious roll back option in steam. Can you point me in its direction?

13 hours ago, Ronny 1001 said:

What am I missing here. Surely as the local nation I shouldn't be so totally overwhelmed by Germans from the other side of the world who have no supply lines...

Kiautschou Bay is unfortunately coded as a German home region by the game devs.  The French province of Kwang-Chou-Wan is also one of France's home regions. There's nothing brothermunro can do about either of those regions with this mod.  I've told the devs about it several times but no response.  Hopefully he can have better luck getting them to fix it.

Edited by SpardaSon21

• brothermunro changed the title to [Mod] The Dreadnought Improvement Project v1.7.1 for UAD 1.5.0.1

Collapsing nations is a feature of the base game, you can (hopefully) now predict when it will happen in the mod:

A country’s GDP approaches zero = risk of collapse 

This should only happen if a country is losing a war, blockaded, loses a ton of transports at once, has very high unrest, has multiple revolutions in quick succession, or a combination of those factors.

Peace time collapse shouldn’t happen (though might if it’s right after a war, or the ai makes spectacularly bad event choices at the start of the game).

Interesting though that I never had it happen in three or four games with vanilla up through 1.4.11, then it has happened twice in my current game using the mod under 1.5. I'm wondering if something has changed with the way economies are calculated. 

• brothermunro changed the title to [Mod] The Dreadnought Improvement Project v1.7.2 for UAD 1.5.0.2
On 3/11/2024 at 10:10 AM, Ronny 1001 said:

So I started a new 1890 campaign when I installed your mod, tyvm for improving a game I really enjoy.

But I have quite a few game breakers on my first go. Firstly I attacked China as Japan with a couple cheap BB and a bunch of TBs in the first few months. I overcame their navy and blockaded all ports, China collapsed... The I moved onto Spain, blockaded all ports in my region, Spain collapsed... The total collapse seems a bit overcooked imo. Like Spain would no way have collapsed if the Phillipines was blockaded.

Then I move onto Germany and try to naval invade Kiautschou Bay. First time round I showed up with 160k tonnage and lost. Now on the 4th attempt I have 210k tonnage and my success ratio is 19%...

Also during that time I had the port totally blockaded but they managed to break out with 500,000 army force and take North East China, then all of a sudden and despite me having total sea control they now have 2.3mil army force and are now simultaneously attacking Northern China with 400k army force and Weihaiwei with 1.9mil army force v my 17k army force. 

Please adivse.

Pretty much all of that is just the vanilla game doing its thing, collapse isn't a mod thing, that can happen in the base game too (it is just a bit more likely). Naval invasions and land combat being weird is also very much something I would love to fix but cannot.

18 hours ago, Desecrea said:

if i may, might i ask what you changed in the parts file? i do my own tinkering around in there and im kinda curious to see what you changed

Mostly making adjustments to the stats of the end game hulls so that there aren't as many outliers in terms of performance, I also fixed one of the German CA's having the wrong (in my opinion) stats (I think that was the Heavy Cruiser 2)