Game-Labs Forum

is this game still junk

I've gone back to playing Rule The Waves 2 again. Ironically the spreadsheet simulator is a more enjoyable experience at this point in time.

It's very unlikely the developers of this game will have the freedom to develop their game properly now that they're owned by Stillfront. I believe they're stuck in a cycle of desperately trying to meet impossible deadlines under the threat of being immediately shut down for missing one, hence they don't have the time to fix bugs or implement features properly. Given that this situation is unlikely to change any time soon, I would sincerely doubt this game will ever be worth the asking price

• Like 3

On 12/22/2022 at 8:24 AM, Spitfire_97 said:

I've gone back to playing Rule The Waves 2 again. Ironically the spreadsheet simulator is a more enjoyable experience at this point in time.

It's very unlikely the developers of this game will have the freedom to develop their game properly now that they're owned by Stillfront. I believe they're stuck in a cycle of desperately trying to meet impossible deadlines under the threat of being immediately shut down for missing one, hence they don't have the time to fix bugs or implement features properly. Given that this situation is unlikely to change any time soon, I would sincerely doubt this game will ever be worth the asking price

This is what I suspect is secretly the real issue as well. They took the mobile developer $$$ but now they're stuck making the game according to mobile timelines, and with the planned depth of this game and what it could/should be, the formula isn't working. Sadly I have little hope for this ever being polished enough for a serious playthrough.

On 12/24/2022 at 1:26 AM, admiralsnackbar said:

The "Build ships, fleets, send them at the enemy" portion of the game is very slowly getting better, but it is being actively sabotaged by a campaign whose complexity is being outpaced by its stability. 

This. Campaign is a good idea overall, but like it looks right now, it's actively hampering the core game which is designing and shooting ships. Not saying it should be romoved or downgraded, but players should be given more control: war on demand and overhaul of mission generation (i actually think just having random missions like in early versions was much more superior to the tiring chore there is now).

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/20/2022 at 3:07 AM, Danvanthevacuumman said:

is it still not worth it all these years

Between your post and now (30/1/23) the game has gone from iffy to bad and back. Some players have little or no complaints, others are frustrated and disillusioned and everything in between. I personally don't think the game is currently at a high water mark and am not inspired to further game testing. I assume you own a copy (I'm pretty sure that you do), if so try it again if not read the reviews, good and bad, and decide for yourself.