Game-Labs Forum

>>>Patch 1.03-1.04 Feedback<<

Nick Thomadis

42 minutes ago, Hale said:

I've been noticing in the ship builder I'm getting errors for missing towers when they are present.   I'm not sure why, but both have been Heavy Cruiser designs.  image.thumb.png.3fc7d34471b0456b532d8b1702561dff.png

It could be referring to any unfinished/unplayable design you have for this country/year in custom battles.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Captain Meow said:

Check everything you have in saved designs in top left corner, by every included type. Go to enemy (click on "You" next to "Launch" button) & check the same.
I had that error until I found one design was incomplete & left forgotten.

Ok, thanks, I'll fiddle with it.  So you are saying that error could be with any ship, not just the current ship.

Edited by Hale

1 hour ago, The PC Collector said:

I thought that was supposed to be fixed two patches about, and that AI was supposed to auto finish any unfinished design upon clicking "launch"

It works for the AI opponent, but for the player it is his own responsibility to finish his designs. Would you like Auto-Design to overwrite one of your designs because you forgot something about it? Even if you did, most players would not like it.

2 minutes ago, Nick Thomadis said:

It works for the AI opponent, but for the player it is his own responsibility to finish his designs. Would you like Auto-Design to overwrite one of your designs because you forgot something about it? Even if you did, most players would not like it.

absolutely not, I'd hate the AI to overwrite a design because I forgot something. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Nick Thomadis said:

No, but to be fair, I'd like the option to give the design back to the AI for it to be atu built. A lot of times in custom battles I are only interested in building only one of the classes. But since I'm curious, I choose other class to look what hulls are available, or something else, and then I'm stuck with havign to finish that design aswell. I thought that function would solve that, but it doesn't. So, instead of not lettting us continue, please change it for a warning. Something like:

"Warning! You have unfinished designs! If you continue, those will be finished and overwritten by AI designs! Do you want to continue?" and then the option to go back and finish them, or to go ahead and let the ships be auto designed.

20 hours ago, Nick Thomadis said:

Understood and it makes sense, I thought the error was for the currently selected ship, not a different ship in the same battle, but it makes sense now.   Thanks much for the reply.

I thought this was fixed in earlier patch regarding guns clipping through objects...

It feels like all these small bugs/errors in ship designer are either overlooked or known but developers have better things to do. Wish I could provide quite a gallery of issues that just don't let design freely & realistically, if only developers would be willing to fix them in the following updates.

For example in that above pic, it's not possible to place aft tower at the end of the deck how the real ship had it nor is possible to place 71mm deck guns in that area where there ARE mounting points for them, because of some conflicting borders.

Edited by Captain Meow

17 hours ago, Captain Meow said:

I thought this was fixed in earlier patch regarding guns clipping through objects...

It feels like all these small bugs/errors in ship designer are either overlooked or known but developers have better things to do. Wish I could provide quite a gallery of issues that just don't let design freely & realistically, if only developers would be willing to fix them in the following updates.

For example in that above pic, it's not possible to place aft tower at the end of the deck how the real ship had it nor is possible to place 71mm deck guns in that area where there ARE mounting points for them, because of some conflicting borders.

My two cents: At this point of the developing path in which, given the high pricetag for what the game currently offers, they are risking their game starting to flood on bad reviews if they don't deliver a playable campaign soon, which might de facto kill the proyect, basically I pretty much suspect that non game breaking bugs are pretty much being ignored (AKA being given very low priority) in favour of taking the main feature of the game to a playable status. It is what I would do if I wwre on their place, to be honest.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, The PC Collector said:

given the high pricetag for what the game currently offers

I think they could charge more, it’s too cheap given the volume of content we're going to get and comparing it to WOWS earnings. Already we’re into the hundreds of hours of gameplay mark, soon with the campaign expansion (and following later a full campaign), we’ll be in the thousands of hours of gameplay mark, quality gameplay and no rival too.

IMO that’s worth a better return, especially with no DLCs.

3 hours ago, The PC Collector said:

if they don't deliver a playable campaign soon, which might de facto kill the proyect, basically I pretty much suspect that non game breaking bugs are pretty much being ignored

Ah but their history is that Dev's have delivered. Including fixing bugs when captured, especially game breaking one's. Those hotfixes run out within days, if not hours.

Edited by Skeksis
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Skeksis said:

I think they could charge more, it’s too cheap given the volume of content we're going to get and comparing it to WOWS earnings. Already we’re into the hundreds of hours of gameplay mark, soon with the campaign expansion (and following later a full campaign), we’ll be in the thousands of hours of gameplay mark, quality gameplay and no rival too.

IMO that’s worth a better return, especially with no DLCs.

This might, and more that likely will, be true in the future, specially once the campaign gets fleshed out. But in its CURRRENT STATE, as I specificly mention in my previous post, in my opinion is not even remotely close to be worth 35€. The only thing the game is good at right now is building ships, and for that, you can get games which offer better fucntionality for like half of what this game costs, I could name a couple of examples, but it is strictly forbidden under the forum rules. So, yeah. You aren't going to change my mind. The campaign is what makes this game, and anything else they add is pretty much worthless until the campaign is reasonably functional.

1 hour ago, Skeksis said:

Ah but their history is that Dev's have delivered. Including fixing bugs when captured, especially game breaking one's. Those hotfixes run out within days, if not hours.

I'm not criticising it, in fact, their response when game breaking bugs are found is superb. I'm saying that I see reasonable that right now, they ignore non-gamebreaking bugs, as they have, and should have, other priorities.

1 hour ago, The PC Collector said:

The campaign is what makes this game, and anything else they add is pretty much worthless

Yeah, we differ on this. Agree with Academy Missions in that it isn't the goal for some but it's still content, many play them, 50+ missions too. Then there’s Custom Battles those content is as large as one’s imagination, covering 5 decades of warships. I wouldn't believe you if you said you didn't extract maximin value out of this feature.

In the end we should be able to make every single ship that WOWS have in their entire catalogue (minus carriers!). Plus tenfold of ships that never existed, and some. On that bases, apples for apples, UAD is selling themselves short.

Now, after all that, we can add in (or on top) the value of the campaign/s. 

Edited by Skeksis
  • Like 2

So I discovered a bug, the game straight up doesnt work when ran in a virtual machine with GPU Passthrough, I have a 3950X, 3090 and 64GB of Ram, have been trying Microsoft GPU Paravirtualisation and thats great, the game loads, gets to the menu lets you build but it breaks when you load a battle, it freezes on loading level and it just loads into the skybox sometimes with ships other times not but there is no UI water and the time step is frozen completely youre lucky if it gives you camera control in it. this affects both 1.04 Live and the 1.05 Beta, it happens on both Windows 10 and 11 based virtual machines.

unknown2.png

unknown.png

unknown3.png