Game-Labs Forum

Time Period Appropriate Name Lists?

Littorio

Does anyone else find it jarring to see some of the names used in the 1890s? I know now we can rename ships ourselves, but really we just need some better name lists to start with. It's not a difficult fix and shouldn't be too laborious. The Germans have it worse than the British in my opinion, but I'm sure there are examples on both sides.

Admiral Scheer made his name at Jutland in WWI, and yet we have 1890s and 1900s ships called that. The worst is transports having battleship names. I'm sure there any many people on here who would be happy to contribute historically accurate or at least ambiguously plausible ones. Why don't we work on some lists and hand them off to the devs for an update? Would anyone be interested? Are there any name list updates planned @Nick Thomadis?

• Like 1

The worst is transports having battleship names.

Although more than a bit innacurate, it was quite amusing to see mighty Bismarck reduced to a faceless merchant vessel.

In all seriousness, it definitely would be nice to see some name list changes as the campaign years go by.

I agree on the TR using BB names (or even using Warship names at all).

If there was ever y tiem for senseless combinations of Letters and Numbers then it would be TR naming.

As for the "Time period appropriate", aspect, I don't think you can make that work given that not all nation would have historically fitting numbers of BB's names.

But then again, I'm for creating name list in game so we can give a class a name list, which would also aviod this problem.

11 hours ago, Phelidai said:

Although more than a bit innacurate, it was quite amusing to see mighty Bismarck reduced to a faceless merchant vessel.

No doubt we will eventually encounter the mighty German BB...Pinguin.  (I was already forced to build a big armored cruiser named Cormorant in last campaign).