Game-Labs Forum

Can we have a status update on the campaign?

SiWi

Hi,

its been a while since we heard anything on it (at least as far I know), on the status of the campaign.

So... how is it going?

Rough idea when it should be released?

Can you maybe show off a couple of turns?

Like 2-3 peace time turn and then 1-2 war time turn?

Or show the campaign map?

Or the UI?

Anything?

• Like 4

Welcome to the UA:D Wait Club.

Where we wait, we ask, we get a vague "We'll show stuff as soon as possible" or a "We'll add more features that we arent gonna be saying what they are", and resume waiting.

Edited by Stormnet
  • Like 2

According to previous dev statements, the vision for the campaign is broadly similar but not identical to the Rule the Waves series (they did not mention the game by name, but the description matches closely). There is already some campaign data and code in datamine that supports this. However, I would not try to conclude too many specifics about the final product (e.g. battle composition algorithm) on the current state of datamine.

4 hours ago, BobRoss0902 said:

I saw a leak some time ago of someone who managed to get a look over some of the campaign UI but it's been so long I've forgotten what it looked like.

I suppose you mean this one? For those uninformed: This picture first appeared on the forum in OCTOBER 2019...Kampan_wip.png

Edited by Aceituna

4 hours ago, Aceituna said:

I suppose you mean this one? For those uninformed: This picture first appeared on the forum in OCTOBER 2019...Kampan_wip.png

Nah there was a video that went over more of it than that. It was like country and year selection screen or something. IDK.

I know the video... I was hoping that we maybe could get some official, more up to date news on the campaign

I mean it is weekend so I don't expect anything before Monday but I think we can do better then look at 2+ year old snips of video.

At least a shot "we think it could come in 1-2 months" would be nice.

Having an actual pre3view of it would be awesome thou.

• Like 1

I would appreciate any details on campaing but if we will get any news on it's release date than I would rather see some ,,short-term'' announcements (like what we see when new update is released - this week, next week) simply because of the experiences we have as community.

Last time we were promised campaing half a year in advance and well...that was a year ago.

• Like 2

Just now, Aceituna said:

I would appreciate any details on campaing but if we will get any news on it's release date than I would rather see some ,,short-term'' announcements (like what we see when new update is released - this week, next week) simply because of the experiences we have as community.

Last time we were promised campaing half a year in advance and well...that was a year ago.

fair enough

Based off of things they've said, like they'll only have two playable nations at the start in one region and expand as they go, I think they've moved away from a rule the waves approach. Restricting the initial campaign like that just doesn't make sense to me with that kind of gameplay