Game-Labs Forum

Suggestions for Advertising(?)/View from someone who doesn't know the game

Kickstarter is not what it used to be. After some big names failed - that adventure game they are doing in two parts because "they ran out of money", Planetary Annihilation being kinda meh and so on - there is much less confidence in kickstarted games. And I personally also have a lot more confidence for even early acces games than for anything coming out of kickstarter.

As for the previous things they worked on... Stalker, Metro and Il-2 gave me much confidence in Game-labs employees ;)

Kickstarter is not what it used to be. After some big names failed - that adventure game they are doing in two parts because "they ran out of money", Planetary Annihilation being kinda meh and so on - there is much less confidence in kickstarted games. And I personally also have a lot more confidence for even early acces games than for anything coming out of kickstarter.

As for the previous things they worked on... Stalker, Metro and Il-2 gave me much confidence in Game-labs employees ;)

Crowdfunding is still very much alive and a viable option for a small studio in 2015. With it's fantastic looks as you say I think it could generate a lot of funds quickly if they made a Kickstarter. As for Stalker, Metro and Il-2 without names of the devs we have no proof they worked on those games. It's something we have to take their word for. That's why I only mentioned Ultimate General: Gettysburg.

I found out about NA through youtube videos and there more I looked into it, the more I liked it and wanted to buy it so I did. A person I used to know explained how buying a 60$ game can be worth it if you look at it from the perspective of going to the movies. Where I am it's maybe 10$ for a 2 hour movie (Not mantena) so realistically, for NA if you play for 8 hours, you already got your monies worth. 

Value is determined by the buyer, not the dollar amount. 

I found out about NA through youtube videos and there more I looked into it, the more I liked it and wanted to buy it so I did. A person I used to know explained how buying a 60$ game can be worth it if you look at it from the perspective of going to the movies. Where I am it's maybe 10$ for a 2 hour movie (Not mantena) so realistically, for NA if you play for 8 hours, you already got your monies worth. 

Value is determined by the buyer, not the dollar amount. 

I have 484 hours on steam for NA.  That's $0.08 an hour.

No company is their right mind would advertise a early access beta. Until the game launches on steam i don't think they should really be trying to get casual players playing the game.

If you ask me, they should try their utmost to keep casual player away from the game. Not just now, but also in the long run.

~Brigand

What do you mean by casual sir?  Do you mean "people that know little to nothing about the Age of Sail, and have little interest in learning sailing and the art of war at the time, and just want to make loud noises with their mouse", or "people who have less than 30 hours a week to play"?  Or perhaps something different?

By 'casual gamer' I tend to refer to those gamers who like to play games designed for ease of gameplay, with a shallow or no learning curve and a high instant gratification level.

~Brigand

Thank you for the clarification.  You and I are agreed in that we don't want a no-skill everyone wins from the first minute to the last type of game.  :)