Game-Labs Forum

2 in 1 towers (combined towers)

1594145798-20200707-201541.jpg

So what if we could combine our primary towers and secondary towers in late designs and this way we could save some space for more guns, secondary guns etc...

Some times I only want a primary tower. I am curios why we always have to build a secondary tower? I mean I know that you will gain accuracy with a secondary tower, but sometimes I want to build unique ships. 

Or you could combine those two towers and your ship will be compact. Also in the ship designer sometimes I am a bit fustrated when I want to build a historycal ship but the limited tower placement prevent it.

An example what I mean in compact towers.

1594146565-yamato1945.jpg

IJN Yamatos super structure is very compact and concentrated. I want to build it but I can't because of the separate towers. I think we need combined towers. What do you guys think?

Edited by Marshall99
  • Like 6

Same, thats lots of things they could change in the designer that need be done, plus we need 18.1inch guns so we can a proper yammy lol.

Getting rid of the fixed points would be good as well.

Think @1MajorKoenig Made a similar suggestion or at least turing the primary and secondary towers into multiple parts.

It also means we dont have to shove turrets further down the bow than it would be realistically.

• Like 4

I agree. They should remove the fixed points for us, players. But they should keep it for the AI (because of the extreme AI designes)

I want to design the Yamato since the beginning but I just can't because of these issues. And when I try it, I end up with over 17% fore weight. 😅

Also in the campaign I want to design historical ships, but at the moment it is nearly imposibble

• Like 3

I think there has been quite alot of work in matching primary, secondary towers and there fixing nodes to form a continuous superstructures for historical ships.

Suggesting or detailing moving fixing/adding nodes or suggesting specific primary/secondary tower combo's to suit historical designs would have the same effect, like work within the current system.

Edited by Skeksis

2 hours ago, Cptbarney said:

Same, thats lots of things they could change in the designer that need be done, plus we need 18.1inch guns so we can a proper yammy lol.

Getting rid of the fixed points would be good as well.

Think @1MajorKoenig Made a similar suggestion or at least turing the primary and secondary towers into multiple parts.

It also means we dont have to shove turrets further down the bow than it would be realistically.

Indeed I was suggesting the opposite: split the towers In multiple Parts to allow for more flexibility. Multiple different masts, bridges and secondary towers to combine these. Currently I usually end up with very similar designs

• Like 4

Also regarding yammy's hull i don't think you can arrange the secondaries like that either, hense why removing the points would be useful, its like the japanese supercruiser hull in game you can't put all the 127mm's on her which makes her look werid when you have to place a few on the hull.

I like werid designs, but i also want to build stuff that looks nice symmetrically and i guess historically as well.

• Like 2

Yes absolutely, and also the current turret models (primary, secondary) look like more american than japanese design. Fun fact!: we have great japanese turret model in the game, but only in smaller caliber (279-356mm). I saw them when I designed an early dreadnought. I hope the devs will rescale them and the japanese 460mm(457) turret will be more accurate

• Like 2

Along with the idea of combined towers, I'd like to see more unique superstructures/towers. Personally, I would love to see towers that would allow the gun layout of the Atlanta Class USN Light Cruisers. Those had one truly unique layout, but it's impossible to create something like the USS Atlanta, at the moment anyways...

• Like 2