Game-Labs Forum

Tagging system Issues.

As everyone knows, the new tagging system changes recently brought in a multitude of issues.

1. when you highlight an NPC or player you only see the initial ring range. Not the secondary ring range distance of everything you will ACTUALLY drag into the battle. You only see this after you have tagged a target 🤦‍♂️ This has caused all number of issues dragging in other fleets. Especially when the weather is terrible and cannot see other targets around. It’s inconsistent and intermittent.

Resolution: when you initially highlight a target it is to show both circles right away of the ranges you will drag in, before you even hit attack.

2. Countless times now I, like many of you have had a perfect tag on hostile. You enter battle and you are completely the other side of the player and they have the wind because...! Broken.

Resolution: Gameslab sort this intermittent, inconsistent nonsense out. That’s the bottom line.

3. Many times while chasing an enemy you are within their tagging circle for 30+ seconds and it still doesn’t highlight the attack tagging option, or it will give you option, you will attack and then it will say it's failed lol. 

Resolution: Gameslab sort this intermittent, inconsistent nonsense out. 

Im sure there are many frustrated by these issues. I extend to everyone to post pictures of these laughable yet ridiculous issues. 

o7

Edited by ChineseBatman
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, ChineseBatman said:

[...]

2. Countless times now I like many of you have had perfect tag on hostile. You enter battle and you are completely the other side of the player and they have the wind because...! Broken.

Resolution: Gameslab sort this intermittent, inconsistent nonsense out. That’s the bottom line.

3. Many times while chancing an enemy you are within their tagging circle for 30+ seconds and it still doesn’t highlight the attack tagging option. 

Resolution: Gameslab sort this intermittent, inconsistent nonsense out. 

Im sure there are many frustrated by these issues. I extend to everyone to post pictures of these laughable yet ridiculous issues. 

o7

A better internet connection on your end or your enemy should get better internet as well or even better move closer to your hometown. Ah and maybe OW speed should be reduced so lags and ping doesnt have such an huge impact.

o7

Edited by z4ys

I almost always have very good internet, ethernet cable. No issues my end. One of countless examples of being inside enemy circle and there being no attack tag option for ages, or it will give it to you, and then cancel it's self and say attack failed! Tagging system needs major work.

Broken.png

• Like 1

Don't count on this being fixed while the game's population keeping going lower and lower. 

But how about making sails damage and crew damage (by some %) count as a tag in battle? That should be an easy fix to ease many frustrations. 

2 hours ago, Never said:

Don't count on this being fixed while the game's population keeping going lower and lower. 

But how about making sails damage and crew damage (by some %) count as a tag in battle? That should be an easy fix to ease many frustrations. 

It’s been damaged by the inactivity of rvr. And now that planting a flag is such an easy attacker sided PB timer. It’s like a circus.

Back when increased OW speed ( long ago  ) was tested this issue happened as well.

Is not so linear. Depends on both players connections. Server data is correct, visual end client might differ. You see yourself in circle, other player sees you outside.

I would suggest @admin, given we have accelerated speeds due to wind boost system, would be worth testing to limit the boost to max 59%. The ones i've recorded most issues is 60% and above.

Edited by Hethwill