Game-Labs Forum

Question on parts for the ship designer ... Derfflinger?

41 minutes ago, Cptbarney said:

So another day and another update, added moar AA guns and Rangefinders, plus little flag poles and started on adding those werid little things you can see on the hull (guessing their hatches and/or airvents of somekind maybe idk.).

Took awhile to model the AA guns due to the amount of detail required, the smallest AA gun i sort of combined several different LAA's together and came up with that.

Egc0Rcl.jpg

TkF20v7.jpg

bX1r0w4.jpg

Realy good design. Nice small details :) Also I can see that there will be some seaplane in the middle. Like a catapult?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Marshall99 said:

Realy good design. Nice small details :) Also I can see that there will be some seaplane in the middle. Like a catapult?

yeah, probs a scout plane or maybe a fighter or something. since im going for a german design will be something german, for other small details i need to do moar railings, stais, walkways, anchors, ladders, other little bits on ship itself etc.

also thonks!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Cptbarney said:

Oh and i started on a Pre-dread as well, for those who prefer dem older gurls lol.

C54A4h1.jpg

Basic design atm, will finish the german supercruiser but also try and get this done along side it.

Enjoy!

Oh yeaaa. Very nice!

• Like 1

Here is some renders of miss pre-dread, i havent decided on the nation that will get her yet any suggestions are welcome.

She is a big boi, with 345mm guns (dunno i want to special lol), with 162mm secondaries, her tetriatry will be between 80-102mm's, quite a few things to do such as casemates, anchors, lifeboats, stairs and fencing, plus doors, windows and other little tidbits.

R9qoarx.jpg

GB5g0uL.jpg

msGwXGX.jpg

gIhRjvV.jpg

Renders are basic, but thats too be expected with no textures yet, could just post screenshots of the model in wireframe if you guys prefer dat instead.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Cptbarney said:

Here is some renders of miss pre-dread, i havent decided on the nation that will get her yet any suggestions are welcome.

She is a big boi, with 345mm guns (dunno i want to special lol), with 162mm secondaries, her tetriatry will be between 80-102mm's, quite a few things to do such as casemates, anchors, lifeboats, stairs and fencing, plus doors, windows and other little tidbits.

R9qoarx.jpg

GB5g0uL.jpg

msGwXGX.jpg

gIhRjvV.jpg

Renders are basic, but thats too be expected with no textures yet, could just post screenshots of the model in wireframe if you guys prefer dat instead.

Wooow. This is a very nice model. I realy like those secondaries. And the main battery is a bit american design.

(Noelshack does not work at the moment)

https://pasteboard.co/JjJIPvE.jpg

Edited by Marshall99
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, HusariuS said:

Bhutan.

Naughty 🤣

@Marshall99 Yeah, i went for a mixture of design cues. I might go for more circular turrets for my next pre-dread but i've always liked how angular turrets have looked.

Doing smoll casemates atm.

Edited by Cptbarney
  • Like 2

And here she is in a Gold and white finish with some blue highlights. I've chosen the name Loyal for her, Loyal Class Battleship about 20,000 tonnes armed with 345mm main guns and 178mm secondary gun turrets and 152mm casemates, with enhanced 40mm hotchkiss 3-pounder autocannons and several 35mm maxim-vickers redesigned for naval use.

babuXFh.jpg

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Cptbarney said:

And here she is in a Gold and white finish with some blue highlights. I've chosen the name Loyal for her, Loyal Class Battleship about 20,000 tonnes armed with 345mm main guns and 178mm secondary gun turrets and 152mm casemates, with enhanced 40mm hotchkiss 3-pounder autocannons and several 35mm maxim-vickers redesigned for naval use.

babuXFh.jpg

Very nice looking pre-dreadnought! She would be great against torpedo boats. She has a massive secondary armament.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Marshall99 said:

Very nice looking pre-dreadnought! She would be great against torpedo boats. She has a massive secondary armament.

Yeah, she also more of a later pre-dread as well. Could stick her in the real world or an alternative or fictional universe if i wanted to lol. Shes more of later pre-dread.

But yeah, heres her stats so far:

Loyal Class Battleship

Full load: 22,500

Normal load: 19,500

Primary Armament: 345mm 2x2 13.5inch.

Secondary Armament: 178mm 6x2 7inch. (Both sides). 152mm 24x1 6inch casemates. (Both sides)

Tetritary Armament:  40mm Hotchkiss Naval Enhanced 14x1 1.5inch. (Both sides). 35mm Maxim-Vickers Autocannon Naval 8x1 1.35inch.

Engine Power: 23,500 IHP,  22 Vertical Boilers, 2 Vertical Triple-Expansion Engines, 2 Screws.

Armour: Belt: 335mm's. Upper Deck: 223mm's. Deck Extended: 50mm's. Barbettes Main guns: 335mm's. Main Gun armour front: 350mm's. Main gun top armour: 85mm's. Secondary gun turret armour: 203mm's. Belt extended: 105mm's. Upper Belt: 203mm's. Conning tower: 335mm's. Bulkheads: 229mm's.

Range: 20-22,000 km or 12427-13670 (Depending on Speed, consumables, condition and route).

Complement: 800 Peacetime or 925 Wartime.

Well that it so far, ill be working on the german supercruiser today, and probs do a little moar work on Miss Loyal later.

'w'/

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Cptbarney said:

And here is HMS Loyal in a more or less complete fashion. Managed to do her within 2 days lol, just modelling alone. Not looking forward to the UV unwrapping xD

JYlL1uu.jpg

E26hiHu.jpg

8uvJTNn.jpg

Time to continue on at german supercruiser!

She is very steampunky. Those turrets are massive. I could imagine this ship in the game (Like super pre-dreadnought, first line pre-dreadnought). Maybe adding some curves into the main turrets or to the masts and it is perfection. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Marshall99 said:

She is very steampunky. Those turrets are massive. I could imagine this ship in the game (Like super pre-dreadnought, first line pre-dreadnought). Maybe adding some curves into the main turrets or to the masts and it is perfection. 

I could add like 'bingo wings' (lol) to the sides of her turretsm her gun caliber is pretty big, bigger than most if not any pre-dread so kinda makes sense, might make the range finders bit less tall as well.

I could round the mast platforms and make them a bit smaller as well. Might add a few random hull bits as well to make it a bit moar busy. But yeah im invisioning when pre-dreads carried on for a bit longer and their time in the world stretched a little further back as well.

Might do a triple turret version as well, probs even bigger at 25,000 tonnes and maybe 360mm's. Idk, but i'll defo make the adjustments above anyways.

• Like 1

Added moar stuff, did the hull, revamped some areas and intruced more things to the superstructure and did a little work on the turrets. Also worked on the Loyal class Battleship and added a few moar things too!

kw8uBrA.jpg

lThI7Iv.jpg

Zel7bna.jpg

Ill do the stats for the German Supercruiser later today.

• Like 1

Stats for the German Supercruiser, im doing @1MajorKoenig not sure if the name is appropiate for the ship itself, might change it something more grand if you know any.

Von Der Tann Class Supercruiser. (Name changed from Hessen).

Displacement: Full load 38,500 tonnes

Length: 338 metres.

Beam: 38 metres.

Draft: 10.05-12.05 metres.

Propulsion: 12 x 28 Cylinder Vertical Diesel Engines, 6 Vertical Boilers, 3 Electric steam turbine sets. 228,000 SHP.

Speed: 37 knots 42.5mph (Can be pushed to 41 knots for a few hours) 47mph.

Range: 30,000 km or 18,641 miles. At 21 knots 24.1 mph.

Complement: 130 officers, 2452 men.

Armament: 3x3 (9 total) 350mm guns. Secondaries: 2x1 182mm, 10x2 (20 total) 158mm's, 8x2 (16 in total) 120mm's (DP-HAA), 7x1 (14 in total) 88mm flak version 3 (DP-HAA), 42mm quads Flak 16x4 (64 guns total, 4 guns per turret about 16 turrets in total) (DP-MAA), 18x2 22mm Flak autocannons (36 guns in total) (DP-LAA).

Armour: Belt: 305mm main section, 160mm for lighter sections. Deck: Armoured 100mm, Weather 42mm, Splinter deck 20mm. Barbettes: 360mm (Mains), 280mm (Heavier secondaries), 220mm (Lighter secondaries). Turrets: Main guns, 380mm front, 150mm top, 180mm sides, 150mm rear. Conning tower: 305mm, 150mm roof.

Aircraft Carried: 8 Heinkel/Arado, reconnaissance seaplanes (4 folded in storage).

Aviation Facilities: 3 enclosed hangers (could hold more smaller seaplanes planes if needed).

Well these are the stats, I will probs change them if they aren't right or to bring them in line more and general adjustments i guess. You could place her between 1942-1960 so gives her some wiggle room, or just shove her into an alternate universe i guess. Ill probs start doing more realistic ships and even try my hand at making real ships lol.

Hope you guys enjoy! 'w'/

Edited by Cptbarney
  • Like 2

55 minutes ago, Cptbarney said:

Stats for the German Supercruiser, im doing @1MajorKoenig not sure if the name is appropiate for the ship itself, might change it something more grand if you know any.

Hessen Class Supercruiser. (Placeholder name).

Propulsion: 12 x 28 Cylinder Vertical Diesel Engines, 6 Vertical Boilers, 3 Electric steam turbine sets. 228,000 SHP.

Armament: 3x3 (9 total) 350mm guns. Secondaries: 2x1 182mm, 10x2 (20 total) 158mm's, 8x2 (16 in total) 120mm's (DP-HAA), 7x1 (14 in total) 88mm flak version 3 (DP-HAA), 42mm quads Flak 16x4 (64 guns total, 4 guns per turret about 16 turrets in total) (DP-MAA), 18x2 22mm Flak autocannons (36 guns in total) (DP-LAA).

Armour: Belt: 305mm main section, 160mm for lighter sections. Deck: Armoured 100mm, Weather 42mm, Splinter deck 20mm. Barbettes: 360mm (Mains), 280mm (Heavier secondaries), 220mm (Lighter secondaries). Turrets: Main guns, 380mm front, 150mm top, 180mm sides, 150mm rear. Conning tower: 305mm, 150mm roof.

Aircraft Carried: 8 Heinkel/Arado, reconnaissance seaplanes (4 folded in storage).

Aviation Facilities: 3 enclosed hangers (could hold more smaller seaplanes planes if needed).

Well these are the stats, I will probs change them if they aren't right or to bring them in line more and general adjustments i guess. You could place her between 1942-1960 so gives her some wiggle room, or just shove her into an alternate universe i guess. Ill probs start doing more realistic ships and even try my hand at making real ships lol.

Now this is truly a super cruiser! A super super cruiser! I like it! This would be a cool endgame cruiser to hunt down the enemy battleships with her.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cptbarney said:

Hessen Class Supercruiser. (Placeholder name).

Very Nice!

She’s quite a monster to hunt down little pray but she certainly looks impressive!

As for naming - German states would traditionally be the namesakes for ships of the line / battleships. For large cruisers (and your ship is certainly a VERY large cruiser 🙂 ) the Navy would traditionally pick a General’s name, such as Hindenburg, Moltke, von der Tann, Seydlitz, Scharnhorst, Lutzow, Schlieffen, Clausewitz, Roon, Blücher, etc. preferably one of the past (dead) although Hindenburg was used while the name sake was still alive. 

To me the ship looks like a late war design - you can of course pick any but I would probably pick Hindenburg or Clausewitz 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Marshall99 said:

Now this is truly a super cruiser! A super super cruiser! I like it! This would be a cool endgame cruiser to hunt down the enemy battleships with her.

Yeah, i was going for a moar late time cruiser lol. she would probs fit within the late 1940's 50's early 60's.

14 hours ago, 1MajorKoenig said:

Very Nice!

She’s quite a monster to hunt down little pray but she certainly looks impressive!

As for naming - German states would traditionally be the namesakes for ships of the line / battleships. For large cruisers (and your ship is certainly a VERY large cruiser 🙂 ) the Navy would traditionally pick a General’s name, such as Hindenburg, Moltke, von der Tann, Seydlitz, Scharnhorst, Lutzow, Schlieffen, Clausewitz, Roon, Blücher, etc. preferably one of the past (dead) although Hindenburg was used while the name sake was still alive. 

To me the ship looks like a late war design - you can of course pick any but I would probably pick Hindenburg or Clausewitz 

Thonks!

Yeah, i was going for a sort logical size approach, when you look at alaska she is almost the size of yammy and the size of iowa so i was thinking if those types of ships were still made for whatever reason then 10-20 years after those ships something like this would arrive as a linear apporach to size increases as time went on.

I think i might go for Von Der tann, very unusual name and well this supercruiser is unusual so a perfect fit lol. Also seems to roll of the tongue nicely as well.

But, i think ill create a seperate thread for this (i got so carried away and excited about doing this lol) for future ships and also if others want to submit their own designs as well (line drawn, shipbucket like, 3d models etc).

My next two will be a 14,500 tonne supercruiser and a 10,500 tonne pre dread as well. Might sneak in a patrol boat and a frigate as well.

• Like 3

• 5 months later...

@Nick Thomadis

Hi Nick - it’s been more than half a year since I put in this question. While I was hoping for substantial expansions to the ship designer the lack of reaction there got me thinking how far you are trying to expand this core feature in the foreseeable future.

Regardless - can you at least add Derfflinger, Mackensen and Ersatz Yorck Parts (hulls, superstructure, funnels and guns)? That would give us at least a way to build different ships around these amazing designs ?

• Like 3