Game-Labs Forum

Question on parts for the ship designer ... Derfflinger?

Hi folks,

I decided to give the game a go as I love the idea of it. Now — starting with the ship designer it feels like there are still a lot of parts to be added — unless I am missing things. Is there any overview of the parts we have, a roadmap what the devs want to add and such?

Specifically I Am looking to build ships like:

• Derfflinger 
  • König
  • Baden
  • Lion
  • Queen Elizabeth 
  • maybe Admiral Scheer or Graf Spee
  • and the likes

Also — second question on parts: can you mount more modern parts on old designs to create „refit“ mash ups?

Thanks in advance for your help and see you at the high seas!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 1MajorKoenig said:

Hi folks,

I decided to give the game a go as I love the idea of it. Now — starting with the ship designer it feels like there are still a lot of parts to be added — unless I am missing things. Is there any overview of the parts we have, a roadmap what the devs want to add and such?

Specifically I Am looking to build ships like:

• Derfflinger 
  • König
  • Baden
  • Lion
  • Queen Elizabeth 
  • maybe Admiral Scheer or Graf Spee
  • and the likes

Also — second question on parts: can you mount more modern parts on old designs to create „refit“ mash ups?

Thanks in advance for your help and see you at the high seas!

From what i read recently: Ship designer Is not priority. (Right now campaing is priority) In Future there Will be more new hulls, you asked about Defflinger-i think that devs already promised to add german battlecruisers.

There Will be even more parts for ship designer. (They didn't say anything specific about this)

About those refits: Yes refits Are planned to add for campaing. But we don't know how it will work yet. There was a long discussion about it some time ago.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Aceituna said:

From what i read recently: Ship designer Is not priority. (Right now campaing is priority) In Future there Will be more new hulls, you asked about Defflinger-i think that devs already promised to add german battlecruisers.

There Will be even more parts for ship designer. (They didn't say anything specific about this)

About those refits: Yes refits Are planned to add for campaing. But we don't know how it will work yet. There was a long discussion about it some time ago.

Sounds really good and probably the right priorities. Nevertheless - I have seen a Dreadnought hull with a „modern“ superstructure. How does that work? Isn’t I choose any of the Dreadnought hulls I can only mount the Dreadnought bridges / towers

4 minutes ago, admin said:

Classic german BCs will be reviewed and improved, we just dont know when. 

No cats though.. Cat decided to stay in dock.

cM1Ykaf.jpg

Thanks for the reply!

Does the same apply for German Dreadnought superstructures / bridges? Will there be more as well? The current ones look more British early Dreadnough inspired?

Great work so far 

9 minutes ago, 1MajorKoenig said:

Sounds really good and probably the right priorities. Nevertheless - I have seen a Dreadnought hull with a „modern“ superstructure. How does that work? Isn’t I choose any of the Dreadnought hulls I can only mount the Dreadnought bridges / towers

Well no if you take a look at Custom Battle designer there Is the oldest dreadnought hull in-game still available in 1940 while you can put any modern part at her.

7 hours ago, Aceituna said:

Well no if you take a look at Custom Battle designer there Is the oldest dreadnought hull in-game still available in 1940 while you can put any modern part at her.

Thanks - didn’t find them but will look again for them.

Btw. - and it might be a stupid question - are the modules nation specific or are they the same for any nation? When I eg select Dreadnought IV or whatever as a hull - is it the same if I chose Germany or Great Britain? And what about the towers / bridges? Are they nation specific or generic?

Thanks again 

56 minutes ago, 1MajorKoenig said:

Btw. - and it might be a stupid question - are the modules nation specific or are they the same for any nation? When I eg select Dreadnought IV or whatever as a hull - is it the same if I chose Germany or Great Britain? And what about the towers / bridges? Are they nation specific or generic?

That depends on the hull you choose. There are some hulls that Are unique for one nation (shimakaze for example). But there Are also generic hulls.

Edited by Aceituna

A very easily recognisable nation-specific superstructure are the pagoda towers. In the game you'll have access to those only as the Japanese (unless you use the "unlock" option in a custom battle, which allows the use of all nations' hulls regardless of which one you picked).

• Like 2

Thanks for the answers & help!

I did play around with the editor and got a feel for what parts are generic and which are nation specific. 

However the hull „Modernized Dreadnought“ isn’t available for the German Empire unless you use the „unlock“ button.

Will these be added to Germany as well to create some modernized dreadnoughts like The Queen Elizabeth’s — but on a Bayern—Design for example?

On 6/2/2020 at 3:13 PM, 1MajorKoenig said:

Thanks for the answers & help!

I did play around with the editor and got a feel for what parts are generic and which are nation specific. 

However the hull „Modernized Dreadnought“ isn’t available for the German Empire unless you use the „unlock“ button.

Will these be added to Germany as well to create some modernized dreadnoughts like The Queen Elizabeth’s — but on a Bayern—Design for example?

Nice too see you here lol.

Also i hope so, atm the devs will focus on the campaign this month maybe next (since they will want to get this right as the campaign and also steam release will make or break this game essentially). Afterwards im guessing the devs will just continue to expand the game in all areas untill the next major development.

I hope we some of the hull designs from wows put into here (at least the more historic and prototype orientated, although they do have a azuma like supercruiser hull for the japanese atm0.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Cptbarney said:

Nice too see you here lol.

Likewise 🙂

12 hours ago, Cptbarney said:

Also i hope so, atm the devs will focus on the campaign this month maybe next (since they will want to get this right as the campaign and also steam release will make or break this game essentially). Afterwards im guessing the devs will just continue to expand the game in all areas untill the next major development.

Yea, I am really looking forward to a campaign too - if done right - or even just decent - it would be amazing. I used to love the campaign mode on Stormeagles Jutland which was basic but great fun at the same time. I am curious to see how the building part fits into this. But my hopes are high - I think this game has great potential!

I hope the devs refine the shipbuilder after the campaign a bit though - like splitting up some modules, add more variety and freedom and such. While that thing is great it is a bit too restrictive in my opinion - likely due to keeping dev effort reasonable at this stage. Obviously the more freedom the more difficult the rules to program.

So yea - if the devs read this -  keep up the great work! I enjoy the product already and I am looking forward to the things yet to come 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

@1MajorKoenig Also currently making a supercruiser decided to go for germany and make something similar to an o-class, but then change her up so she looks more unique.

XM7hqHS.jpg

Very basic atm, as im blocking out the basic features for her so i know what to do afterwards. Also im debatting whether she will have triples or quads (ssshhh).

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, Cptbarney said:

@1MajorKoenig Also currently making a supercruiser decided to go for germany and make something similar to an o-class, but then change her up so she looks more unique.

XM7hqHS.jpg

Very basic atm, as im blocking out the basic features for her so i know what to do afterwards. Also im debatting whether she will have triples or quads (ssshhh).

Wooooooow 😀 This is beautiful!

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Marshall99 said:

Wooooooow 😀 This is beautiful!

Did some more work on her, mostly turrets atm. Will do some more after my joggings.

Gqt7X8g.jpg

Havent given her name yet, but she is a supercruiser so main gun caliber between 260-1mm-355mm's.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Cptbarney said:

Did some more work on her, mostly turrets atm. Will do some more after my joggings.

Gqt7X8g.jpg

Havent given her name yet, but she is a supercruiser so main gun caliber between 260-1mm-355mm's.

I realy hope that we will get acces to steam workshop. Your cruiser looks cool 😀. Maybe I will learn how to use the designer too. I want to design some ironclads 😃

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Marshall99 said:

I realy hope that we will get acces to steam workshop. Your cruiser looks cool 😀. Maybe I will learn how to use the designer too. I want to design some ironclads 😃

Thonks! Also i hope so too, it would allow myself to build more realistic stuff with a proper goal in mind and also would add a lot of replayability to the game, barring a few things which need fixing, but im sure that will come as time goes on.

But being able to use blender or 3dsmax to make ships would be really cool as you can add them in or even download them from the game itself.

They will probs have to find away of making the non-dev stuff avaliable offline as well.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cptbarney said:

XM7hqHS.jpg

Not sure but this is Blender right? I couldn't find out myself when I tried it, nice job!

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, HusariuS said:

Not sure but this is Blender right? I couldn't find out myself when I tried it, nice job!

Its 3ds max 2018, i do modelling in blender as well. Might make either a BB or a pre-dread in Blender. But thank you very much, im doing the AA guns (smoll ones) and then ill move on to making the structure more detailed and adding in the rangefinders then doing the bottom half of the ship and then what else is needed afterwards.

But yeah thonks! 'w'/

• Like 2

Well ere is some moar images of her, with extra details. Not sure how i will do the railing too be honest might have to insert and then sort of create a shape from the outer insert. Also i have two more in a enhanced shader mode, but the bow needs fixing doe.

LOpcpCk.jpg

jhbBOE3.jpg

w3Xd5Z8.jpg

Havent given her a name ye,t but her main battery is 335mm's at least. And she is about 32,000 tonnes.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Cptbarney said:

XM7hqHS.jpg

Very Nice :–) 

Looks more modern than our Falkenhayn:–)

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, 1MajorKoenig said:

Very Nice :–) 

Looks more modern than our Falkenhayn:–)

Yeah, im not used to modelling ships so ill have to model some olders one to be able to make them independantly. Although i was kinda going for a more modern supercruiser anywhere between 1940-1952 really.

Oh and i did some more work on her, been working on her modelling all day currently doing her 8,8cm flak AA batteries cus the other naval AA batteries are harder to model due to lack of decent references (profile picks, top down etc).

ZU58edx.jpg

Edited by Cptbarney
  • Like 3

So another day and another update, added moar AA guns and Rangefinders, plus little flag poles and started on adding those werid little things you can see on the hull (guessing their hatches and/or airvents of somekind maybe idk.).

Took awhile to model the AA guns due to the amount of detail required, the smallest AA gun i sort of combined several different LAA's together and came up with that.

Egc0Rcl.jpg

TkF20v7.jpg

bX1r0w4.jpg

• Like 4