Game-Labs Forum

5 rate kill missions

I have taken not  of  these 5th rate kill missions   and  well  I have to say that  this  mission more then others  are killing  the game for new players. Why because  long   term players  go around  with this mission just to pick on new players. I had a conversation with said newer  player who decided  to leave the game due to  this very reason. This  mission is killing  the game for new  players  and driving them away. I feel that this  mission should not  be  available  to those who  have reached  the rank of admiral. Further more these Top  players use the mission to horde rewards. I was told of one streamer who has hundreds of these boxes and dont even open them anymore cause he has 100s of them. It would seem that these missions do not promote teamwork as they could use these boxes to help more jr players in their own clans but the majority of them dont do that. Instead they do use them to make said modifications, upgrades and books hard to come by and they drive up the prices of these items in game artifically inflating the in game economy. These top ranked players remind me of play ground bullies that go around picking on other kids for their lunch money. It promotes a toxic envirnment that needs to stop.

Some captains, even those who have been around a long time, prefer to sail 5th rates.

5th rate mission rewards are low. Does anyone actually work to try and fulfill it or any PVP mission? One just keeps the mission in his list and at some point, it gets fulfilled.

But I could get behind the idea that PVP missions can only be satisfied in a ship one rank bigger than target and smaller. So, for example, you could fulfill the 5th rate mission in anything 4th rate or smaller. However, a kill by a 3rd or bigger would not count towards the mission.

5 hours ago, RepairyMcRepairous said:

PvP missions are 50% of my income, I imagine its the same for people who actually pvp in the pvp server.

If you take away the 5th rate mission, it wont stop people from collecting free money - by free money I mean noobs sailing around, it happened before missions, it will happen after them.

what happens when you get ganked doing pve in your big ship by loads of smaller ones, i.e. 5th rates in your redoubtable.

you put all the effort in sinking them, but get no reward.

in my experience a 3rd rate most of the time can only sink a 5th rate if the 5th rate tries to sink the 3rd. i.e. doesn't run away. (exceptions ofc but they will be killed anyway without the mission)

I should have been more clear. What I meant was I disagree with the OP proposal to get rid of 5th rate PVP missions, but if missions had to be modified, they should all be modified. Personally I think they are fine and Devs can always adjust as needed by increasing or decreasing the rewards or required kills.

Anyway, I doubt your bread and butter income is 5th rate PVP missions. Not a lot of reward there.

Fair sails. 

I think bad players should get an auto win button. when faced with an opponent THEY deem to be better, they press the button and get the win, the ship, and all the combat medals and upgrades that player has on them.

Then, we can move onto implementing turbo ez mode button where the possibilities are endless...............  

i mean a lot of bizarre things are suggested under the guise of "hElpinG DeH N0oBz" but some of these suggestions are straight up malicious and detrimental to the game. this is one of them.

why you bother about some people who allegedly collect a lot of unopened reward chests? Not your business. They are not taking away anything which you won't find any more, as missions respawn instantly. You sure get yours. Learn how to do them. Or just leave them alone and take missions on 6th rates instead. There is enough cake on the table.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, BoatyMcBoatFace said:

I think bad players should get an auto win button. when faced with an opponent THEY deem to be better, they press the button and get the win, the ship, and all the combat medals and upgrades that player has on them.

Then, we can move onto implementing turbo ez mode button where the possibilities are endless...............  

i mean a lot of bizarre things are suggested under the guise of "hElpinG DeH N0oBz" but some of these suggestions are straight up malicious and detrimental to the game. this is one of them.

If he would mention the 7-6th rate mission. Yes he has some point. But 5-4th rate. Jesus