Game-Labs Forum

Potential hardware destroying problem

So, just to clarify, im not saying that Ultimate Admiral: Dreadnoughts is the problem, im just saying that i think it may be. So, i installed the game recently, and it ran just fine for a few days (Win 10, AMD 6300, 12GB RAM, AMD Sapphire 260, since the questions gonna come up) but then, some days later, my PC stopped working. Now, after some 2.5 hours of troubleshooting, my dad found the issue to be a dead processor, and replaced it with another one (His PC used to have an identical processor, however, that one ended up in another PC thats nearly identical to mine after he decided to buy a Ryzen). So, my PC worked again, until i try starting it today and encounter the exact same problem again. Like i said, im aware that my motherboard could be the problem, as it may have gone bust, but i just felt like, since the connection is pretty obvious, i should put this up into this forum.

23 minutes ago, HolyPastrami said:

So, just to clarify, im not saying that Ultimate Admiral: Dreadnoughts is the problem, im just saying that i think it may be. So, i installed the game recently, and it ran just fine for a few days (Win 10, AMD 6300, 12GB RAM, AMD Sapphire 260, since the questions gonna come up) but then, some days later, my PC stopped working. Now, after some 2.5 hours of troubleshooting, my dad found the issue to be a dead processor, and replaced it with another one (His PC used to have an identical processor, however, that one ended up in another PC thats nearly identical to mine after he decided to buy a Ryzen). So, my PC worked again, until i try starting it today and encounter the exact same problem again. Like i said, im aware that my motherboard could be the problem, as it may have gone bust, but i just felt like, since the connection is pretty obvious, i should put this up into this forum.

Greetings Admiral,

Game Labs has around 1 mln. buyers on PC and UAD is one of our most popular games. If what you said has really happened support forum would be filled with such reports. 

Overall: It is impossible for the game on unity (or any other popular engine) to destroy hardware the way you described. 

Well ive seen crazier things happen before. Maybe theres something about my system in particular that caused that chain of events, but youre right, realistically speaking, the problem is probably just an overvolt coming from my motherboard or the power supply. Still, i thought its a good idea to put it here since the timing is suspicious.

16 minutes ago, HolyPastrami said:

Well ive seen crazier things happen before. Maybe theres something about my system in particular that caused that chain of events, but youre right, realistically speaking, the problem is probably just an overvolt coming from my motherboard or the power supply. Still, i thought its a good idea to put it here since the timing is suspicious.

Also make sure to monitor temperature of GPU and CPU in games to exclude overheating

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Slim McSauce said:

It's so unfortunate you had two of your cpus die after installing, but you can be assured to a high degree it's likely your power supply causing your hardware mishap, not the game. 

Just recently had to go through two mother boards cause of this.  Luckily it didn’t mess the cpu, but still wasn’t a cheap option to replace on a brand new top of the line system.  Still cheaper than replacing the GPU I thought burnt out.

• 5 months later...