Game-Labs Forum

Bug or how the stuff is supposed to be? Underwater tubes rotating

Dirlinger

This is not something that is visible to the player normally so it is not critical unless it allows AI ships to fire at greater angle than the player is.

But could underwater torpedo tubes rotate like that? I thought direction change was feature setting of the torpedo?

PS

I understand that rotation like that simplifies the coding.

Hclass.thumb.jpg.3196ffbaa269e88fda39200615428984.jpg

1 hour ago, HusariuS said:

No, underwater torpedo tube should not rotate on their own.

EDIT: They are because most likely just as you said to simplify the code for Alpha Stage purpose or something like that.

Oh i always assumed they turned underwater, like a casemate but with even worse horizontal traverse.

9 minutes ago, Nick Thomadis said:

They have a limited rotation range, to make them useful in gameplay. Otherwise, most players would argue why their ships do not fire torpedoes.

Tbh they're not very useful anyway. While it's entirely up to you, personally I think it would have been better to have them fixed, thus being more realistic. However, that would require to add an indicator of players to manually aim their fixed torpedo tubes.

Yeah, that's extra work, but that'd have gotten you some additional "realism" points and made for some gameplay diversity. 

4 hours ago, Nick Thomadis said:

We do prioritize to fix in next updates. It was just an issue we considered less important than having ships not firing torps or an idle AI.

Thanks for the feedback. 👍

Not the most important thing to prioritize though - I dont think most people will notice it at this stage of development.