Game-Labs Forum

Prove your might

Mooncatt

Great update, extremely challenging new missions! 

How are guys getting on with "prove your might" 

I've tried allsorts so far and get sunk everytime. I just can't cause enough damage at all. Enemy is super accurate and heavy hitting. 

Think, i managed to do it, with my take on hood.

Couldn't kill bismarck so ended up kiting away and survived on 66% structure bismarck on 51% and all transports fine and dandy.

Shame the update makes killing ships very tedious now, and very ocasionally a random detonate as well.

But yeha i liked it.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Cptbarney said:

Shame the update makes killing ships very tedious now, and very ocasionally a random detonate as well.

Yeah, it's really hard to sink battleships regardless of penetration unless they get ammo racked. Especially since they tend to start turning tail once they hit 60% or so and ships seem to be nearly invulnerable from stern-on. Probably just as easy to forget about sinking them and just make them chase you them a few hundred km away from the convoy while you run out the clock. Bring a book.

Edited by Evil4Zerggin
  • Like 2

Okay, I found a reliable but really silly way to do this mission.

1. Choose Balanced Tech.
  2. Put 30" of belt armor.
  3. Maximum torpedoes. This is the only way to quickly and reliably render the enemy BB incapable of pursing your convoy.
  4. Some 9" or 11" guns. You don't need too much gun power.
  5. In battle: shoot the CA, torpedo the BB. 1-2 km is a good torpedo launching range. If the CA lacks torpedoes or runs out of torpedo ammo, you can throw a few torpedoes at it too, otherwise you can whittle it down with guns from a safe distance.
  6. Once both enemy ships are sunk, retreating, or have suffered too much engine damage to catch up to the convoy, run away and press x30.
Edited by Evil4Zerggin
  • Like 3

I have done it a few times so far as I really like the hull. I found exploding them to be pretty lethal thing. Balanced tech seems the best. I focused heavily on speed and firepower.

My stratagy was to just rush it and engage inside a duel. They had no chance to get to the convoys as we where dueling. Aggressive torpedoes and trying to maneuver my ship to launch torpedoes and fire on its broadside. Constantly maneuvering and using my speed. I often ignored the heavy cruiser and focused on the battleship.

I put 17" guns in 4 turrets 3 guns/turret (TNT, high weight ammo) 10-12" armour and 40 knots top speed. I played the mission 30 times before I got the design just right and the played it two times again after I won to be sure. Won every time. I just stay at 15km from the BB and 10km for the CA, CA only needs a few HE rounds to go down, BB sooner or later turns and runs, when I get to 5km I start with the HE and it blows up.

Edited by PatriotASR

2 hours ago, PatriotASR said:

I put 17" guns in 4 turrets 3 guns/turret (TNT, high weight ammo) 10-12" armour and 40 knots top speed. I played the mission 30 times before I got the design just right and the played it two times again after I won to be sure. Won every time. I just stay at 15km from the BB and 10km for the CA, CA only needs a few HE rounds to go down, BB sooner or later turns and runs, when I get to 5km I start with the HE and it blows up.

How did you squeeze in 40 knot capability with 12 17" guns and that much armor - I can barely squeeze in 32 knots. What did you give up?

29 minutes ago, arkhangelsk said:

How did you squeeze in 40 knot capability with 12 17" guns and that much armor - I can barely squeeze in 32 knots. What did you give up?

This is the exact setup:

44.000t

Speed 42 knots

Range: Very short

Bulkheads: Many

Components:

G. Turbines

Oil

Forced Boilers

Aux III engine

Shaft II

Krupp III

No barbette, No Anti torpedo and a single hull bottom

Bulkheads II

Antiflood I

Citadel - nothing

Armament:

Heavy shells

TNT Explosives

Auto reloading

Everything else standard

Equipment:

Top rangefinder

No radio

Gen II Radar

Armour:

11 belt

7 deck

11 tower

2,4 turret top

6,2 belt ext.

3,5 deck ext

11 turret

3,8 secondaries

The ship has:

4x 3 barrel 17" (one is on a barrbette, the rest are deck mounted)

Modern tower V

Secd. Tower III

2x Tall Funel IV

No secondaries and no torpedoes

This is from my last 3rd run, when I upped the speed to 42 and reduced the armor to 11", you could do 40 and 12".

Edited by PatriotASR
  • Thanks 2