Game-Labs Forum

Got griefed by player port raid game mechanics

z4ys

Situation:

A friend and I decided to do a player port raid but because we were just 2 we agreed on one will kite the Ai while the other will pull close to the Hulk and cut it free. So far so good everything worked fine. My friend lured the Ai into a trap while I could sneak up on the Indiaman. I cought the Indiaman crew unprepared and they surrendered. To my surprise my crew would not want to go onboard of said Hulk and rig an emergency rig on it (no [X] appeared - and before some will ask we both made it available for all)

So it seems mechanic is like you need to kill the Ai warships in order to access the Hulk.

Now to the game mechanic griefing part

It is not possible to leave this mission. The only ways out are by winning, surrendering or staying in battle the whole duration of the battle time. It is not possible to sail away and retreat. Like proper raiders would do when they would notice that their mission failed.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, z4ys said:

Like proper raiders would do when they would notice that their mission failed.

proper raiders usually raided the town, not a ship with the town treasury in it. They were also of smaller ships like frigates and such not huge lineships as we have ingame.

But i agree that there should be possible to leave the battle

Edited by erelkivtuadrater

3 hours ago, z4ys said:

To my surprise my crew would not want to go onboard of said Hulk and rig an emergency rig on it (no [X] appeared - and before some will ask we both made it available for all)

So it seems mechanic is like you need to kill the Ai warships in order to access the Hulk.

Greetings,

this is game mechanic (not a bug)

3 hours ago, z4ys said:

Now to the game mechanic griefing part

It is not possible to leave this mission. The only ways out are by winning, surrendering or staying in battle the whole duration of the battle time. It is not possible to sail away and retreat. Like proper raiders would do when they would notice that their mission failed.

This is a bug and will be fixed. Thank you for the report

• Like 4