Game-Labs Forum

Ratty can tag privateer, but privateer cant tag Ratty..

2 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

Correct. But that's not a mechanical limitation but rather a result of players actions "non limitation".

And i urge you to review your thoughts on that design. By proposing more liberty to a small group ( aka. nation aka. clan ) you will be imposing limitations to a big group ( aka. nation aka. clan ).

This is not a classic match-up wargame, but rather a power-creep competitive combat mmo. What does this means ? Pure min-max setups and outcomes.

oke let's abandon the thought ...

but do you have another solution...(we still have 11 nations an d 2 nations are already eliminated from being a part of the game .) 

You are mixing so many mechanics ideas that is hard to follow a thread.

There's a old solution that now and then comes up with port BRs being dynamic ( changed daily ) and tied to tax activity, but the origin of this thread is ship BR tagging ship BR, not port BR and massive fleets.

10 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

You are mixing so many mechanics ideas that is hard to follow a thread.

There's a old solution that now and then comes up with port BRs being dynamic ( changed daily ) and tied to tax activity, but the origin of this thread is ship BR tagging ship BR, not port BR and massive fleets.

i agree i use a lot of mechanic ideas but thats only to come up with idea to fix a lot of issues for the future balance of the game in general.

remember this is naval action and not named the  Battle of Hogland,  game  the whole world should be getting involved in this game,and not only rus  vs GB. in the end

Edited by Thonys

9 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

There's no balancing the players unless you want to be forced to play a nation/clan you don't want to play.

Would you like that ?

but i have no issue with the nation i have chosen... (i will never change)

for what you say in my eyes means: you are born as a girl and now you want to be a man and came out of the closet...or something...

also i am not using the forger .

i think the forger is the real devil in this game and give a lot of issues for the future existence

the men who invented this should be walking the longest plank we all can find.

Edited by Thonys

3 minutes ago, Thonys said:

but i have no issue with the nation i have chosen... (i will never change)

Same as many other players. See ? There's no need to change anything to fit you, because you, same as others, have no issue with the choices made.

5 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

Same as many other players. See ? There's no need to change anything to fit you, because you, same as others, have no issue with the choices made.

said that :and you will en up with a 2 nation game ....or perhaps 3 ...

and of course there is nothing wrong with that :)

Edited by Thonys

Reds vs Blues vs Greens ?

Knights vs Rooks vs Bishops ?

I think i've seen a few setup like that.

Actually i've seen NA like that during testing, with just 2 Alliances fighting each other.

So... what does that has anything to do with a privateer tag a rattvisan ?

1 minute ago, Hethwill said:

Reds vs Blues vs Greens ?

Knights vs Rooks vs Bishops ?

I think i've seen a few setup like that.

Actually i've seen NA like that during testing, with just 2 Alliances fighting each other.

So... what does that has anything to do with a privateer tag a rattvisan ?

yes lets get OT again and leave this for a later moment in time.

On 2/4/2020 at 3:38 AM, Thonys said:

i do not talk about small ships in general  as if i want privateers in deep water battle... (don't fool everybody here with assumptions)

the limitation for using a 3 rate in a huge battle, is the limitation of the captains crew and numbers of a nation...and the overwhelming ocean fleets by the biggies ....on the other side.

fleet composition of the biggies look like 25 oceans doing battle .

what a horrible game if you see this happen in battle.....(my own opinion:to have only the big boys in battle and the small captains left out of it )[ts oke some times ,but not always..)

gregory was right on this one ...the br rating for ports needs to be balanced on fleet composition like as a

example 3450 br for a port x and for a other port  x 4820 br and for other big ports 14630(just give a number)  just to get a nice fleet composition .  br should not be increased , it should be lowered ...at least for the big ports and the  big ships.

something along the line went very wrong here.....at office....and was abandoned by forum talkers...just to reduce more harm than good..( .you know!!!!  developers are not saints sometimes and make huge mistakes also ...that is why they are humans...too. )

but that does not mean,that small iterations cant be proposed . one way or the other  you need to get to your goal .

this also means when you see a big pb fleet doing the silly walk to a particular port they cant be attacked by a privateer fleet to protect certain arias as well and just use the mechanic as a cheat.

If you want to tag a group of 25 players in 1st rates, then you better bring close to 25 friends in 1st rates. This is how it is supposed to work, and it is fair.

That would be a very fun battle.