Game-Labs Forum

Fresh Restart

Windamere

Question

I have quit playing Naval Action, Why? I leave a game for other games, I do come back to them eventually, but i forget all the ins and outs of how to play and what i should be doing. So i like to restart my character fresh so that i may learn again all those little things people take for granted..Yeah so sue me, i'm old :P...anyway I went to restart my character fresh and i'm left with Rank and can't do the tutorials because they've already been done...my question is: Any plans to make it so when a character is deleted that SteamID/character can restart totally fresh?

5 answers to this question

I don't see a problem.  When you restart, you are completely zero on everything except rank (280 crew).  It's your choice as to whether or not you use all of that crew.  You can do the Basic Cutter thing as long as you want.  As @Macjimm says, they can't allow you to get the Exam rewards again, otherwise players would be doing it every week (day??) for the rewards. 

• Like 1

Good question.  I've never tried to start over, but everyone should be able to reset and start with zero XP.  There should be someway to wipe XP without buying a new copy of the game.

I imagine that the gifts for passing the final exam should be available only once to avoid abuse.  Otherwise we could repeatedly reset and stockpile the rewards with an alt.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Angus MacDuff said:

I don't see a problem.  When you restart, you are completely zero on everything except rank (280 crew). 

That's an idea for a workaround: the guy can pretend he is stating over.  He will probably be forced to accept this option. (As he progresses he'll have to just remember the limits for each rank; when he crews a ship, or uses perks.)

I don't see why he can't reset his XP.  That's the whole point of the OP.  The guy wants to start over.  Why not let him?  What would it hurt?

• Like 1

I don’t see a problem apart from maybe not being able to get the goodies from the exams again for the reasons mention.

But. Gulp. 
I would not want to have to start afresh. All that effort wasted.

But each to their own. We are all different.

Cheers 🍻

I would imagine this is a relatively rare “problem”. 

A simple solution which would solve the also rare problem of newbies completing the exam in an inconvenient port where they don’t want all those rewards is make the repairs and ships rewards and XP rank arrive as redeemables instead of appearing in your warehouse.