Game-Labs Forum

Cannot place buy contracts for Trading goods

Frosty

Hello,
I wanted to start to trade (even though it could be much more profitable if they fixed it...), but I cannot place Buy Contracts for trading goods in the port that drops that precise item. So I would have to keep buying them by continuously checking in the shop, and can't just place a contract to save time. I find it pretty inconvenient.. and useless. Is it a bug, or an intended mechanic?

Greetings

Just now, Captain FrosT said:

Hello,
I wanted to start to trade (even though it could be much more profitable if they fixed it...), but I cannot place Buy Contracts for trading goods in the port that drops that precise item. So I would have to keep buying them by continuously checking in the shop, and can't just place a contract to save time. I find it pretty inconvenient.. and useless. Is it a bug, or an intended mechanic?

Greetings

Greetings!

Could you please upload a screenshot with the problem and link to the post (e.g. use a service like imgur.com)

For example, in Truxillo, the trading goods that drop in the shop are "Beans"

If I open the window for "Place Contracts" and select "Buy contract", and I try to type in "Beans" (I have not selected it, I typed it!) it doesn't give me any options to select, and so it doesn't give me the opportunity to choose the amount and the price (400 reals is for the Almeria Gunpowder, standard item which is selected in the buy contract). As a matter of fact, after typing beans, if I click into Amount, the name suddenly turns into "Almeria Gunpowder".

https://imgur.com/a/zMIMqur

1 hour ago, Captain FrosT said:

Hello,

Greetings

Are you attempting to place the contract in an enemy port, because you are unable to do that. You can buy the goods but cannot place contracts in enemy ports.

This is the case for all trading goods as far as I know.

I trade Sevilla Muskets and Chili thingies. You can't place contracts for them and have to jump between ports and top up by buying them manually.

I thought it was an intended mechanic as it has been the case since the trading overhaul....

Edited by Gregory Rainsborough

2 hours ago, Gregory Rainsborough said:

I thought it was an intended mechanic as it has been the case since the trading overhaul....

Me too, that's why I asked.. but if @Ink asked me a screenshot, maybe it was not so intended.
Waiting for an answer, just because I have to start trading that way and I want to understand if I can save my time by placing contracts.
Greetings